Line Without a Hook - Mystrade

This is based on a beautiful drawing by @hycroftmolmes

Wattpad is being a pain and won't let me upload the drawing, but it is in a book on their account

Yes. Sometimes I change the lyrics in some of the songs I use. Sometimes I just want them to fit better. I promise I do actually know the words lmao

I hope this is good enough :) sorry it took so long, I've been very busy. I'm going to be making chapters shorter in the future. Maybe not forever, just for now because I want to still be able to update. Thank you for 5k reads!!

Mycroft's P.O.V

Inside, we're perfectly fine. When no one else is around, we're okay. The world is a cruel, unwelcoming place. Judgemental eyes stare at us every time we so much as hold hands. I'm not even able to kiss my boyfriend in public without the fear that someone will say or do something. I love my boyfriend very much and therefore refuse to put him through all of that.

I don't really give a damn about the way

You touch me when we're alone

Late at night, whilst the rest of the world slept, I stared down at Greg. He was sleeping on top of my chest, and he had a peaceful expression resting on his beautiful face.

You can hold my hand when

No one's home

Do you like it

When I'm away?

After a long day at work, I trudged in through the front door of our house, expecting Greg to be asleep. And, technically, he was asleep. He just wasn't in our bed. He was curled up on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. He looked like a bit of a mess. An adorable, perfect mess that I loved so much.

As I hung up my coat and kicked off my shoes, he started to stir. He eventually rose from the couch and made his way over to me. A blanket was wrapped around his shoulders, and he looked absolutely precious. He yawned and waddled over to me. I wrapped my arms around him, and without a word, we went to get ready for bed.

If I went and hurt my body, baby,

Would you love me the same?

He helped me get back on my feet. He treated me the way I never thought I'd be treated – kindly. The way he loved me made me throw away any preconceived notions that I had for myself. It was terrifying, but I love it so much. He is the kindest and most incredible person I have ever met in my entire life and I would never trade him for the world. He is perfect and I fear every day that I do not deserve him. I must have done something fabulous in a past life. I certainly haven't done enough in my current life to deserve him.

I can feel all my bones coming back,

And I'm craving motion

I never really learned how to

Live by myself

It's a curse

I never used to believe in love. I always told myself – and Sherlock, regrettably – that love didn't exist and that it wasn't worth it.

And it's growing

I now know that it does in fact exist and that it is worth every second. Even if it ends in heartbreak, you are bound to learn something.

You're a pond and

I'm an ocean

All my emotions