The Sign of Three (again) - Johnlock/Mystrade

3rd Person P.O.V

"Well, we can't all dance together. There are restrictions." John chuckled, smiling between his wife and best friend.

Sherlock nodded slowly, and expected Mary and John to leave him, standing alone in a crowd of people he didn't want to know. Instead, Mary shoved her husband into his flatmate, and then ran off to find her friends.

"Congratulations." Sherlock deadpanned.

John laughed and wrapped his friend in a hug. "Thank you. Ya know, Janine told me you like to dance." Sherlock cursed under his breath. John looked up at him and smiled again. "Why'd you never tell me?"

"When would it have ever come up?"

"I dunno. Would've been nice to know."

"Well, you know now."

"Yeah. Wanna dance?"

Sherlock stared down at his blogger in blank shock. He wanted nothing more than to dance with John. Seeing him dance with Mary sent waves of jealously throughout his body. He'd been dropping hints for years, and had convinced himself that he couldn't have been more obvious. Then he had to ruin it by leaving.

Seeing John dance with Mary, or hug her, or kiss her, or marry her made his blood boil. He would do anything he had to so that that could be him.

"Yes. I would love to dance with you, John. I would love nothing more."

John chuckled softly, and stepped back from Sherlock. They danced in the centre of the crowd for what felt like forever. Not a word was spoken between them, just the way they liked it.

After a while, they went to get a drink together.

"Can we please not have a repeat of my stag night?"

They shared a laugh, and John got them both a drink. They clinked their glasses together.

"Are we toasting to anything?" Sherlock asked.

"I dunno. I just... everyone's been telling me that marriage changes you. And that... that we won't be f-"

"John. We don't have a normal friendship, now do we?"

"No. Not at all."

"Then, why would normal friendship rules apply here?"

"True."

"You've saved my life so many times. I don't think I could ever forget the time we've spent together."

"Neither could I." John smiled, thanking God that he wouldn't lose Sherlock. "I missed you, by the way."

"When I left? Yes, I know."

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean... I hate not living with you. We've lived together for years, and it sucks that I can't see you every day now."

"Well, you live with your wife now. I'm not your wife, therefore, you don't live with me."

"I wish I still did. I miss you, I miss our flat, I miss Mrs Hudson, I miss everything. Do you reckon I could stay at yours tonight?" Sherlock looked up from his wine, confused. "Mary's going out of town, and I'd rather be at 221B with you than by myself."

"Of course you can, John. You can stay with me whenever you need."

"Then why did you look like you'd seen a ghost?" John asked, trying to hide his oncoming laughter.

"Because aren't you supposed to spend the first night of marriage together? For, whatever reason?"

John lost control of himself. He burst out laughing at Sherlock's innocence, thinking it was the funniest and most adorable thing in the world. He patted Sherlock on the shoulder, and failed to notice that heat rushing to his friend's face.