'Til We Both Say - Johnlock

So you may have noticed that I'm much more comfortable writing existing characters as teenagers and young adults. That's because for me, that feels less connected to the actual characters or actors. I know, I'm weird. But I just feel more comfortable when there's less of a connection.

Also John's hair would've been brown, not blonde. Idk why everyone writes him to be blonde. Sure, it's fun to imagine or whatever. But he had brown hair. Haven't you seen The Office????

Anyway

This song is from one of my favourite bands, Nicotine Dolls. Highly recommend

Les go

John's P.O.V

Haven't been kissed in a while

I was just tired. All the time. I didn't have time for love or romance or even sex. But, I got bored.

Haven't pulled away smiling just to do it again

I almost forgot how good it felt. Until I went to someone's uni party. I knew I'd probably meet someone that night. It's usually how it went. I forgot the next day.

Run my hands up for miles

To that place where we know, we know it all ends

I got a bit tipsy, as I typically did, and I started to forget myself. I forgot who I was, what I was doing, who I was with, whose hand was in mine. I vaguely remembered leaving the party with some guy. Or some girl with short hair. I wasn't sure. I did however quickly find out which it was.

Then we collapse on the sheets

Talk all night, laugh until we fall asleep around three

He was beautiful. I could've listened to him talk for hours. He was everything I wanted, and I barely even knew who he was. But I didn't care. He was mine, at least for that night.

I wake up before noon

Watch you breathe, as I fall in love too soon

Fuck. No. Stop. Don't get attached. He'll be gone as soon as he wakes up.

No, it's not smart

Like chasing cars down a freeway

Lights out in the dark

I watched as he slowly woke up, blinking as the sunlight made its way into his eyesight. His eyes opened, and I could finally see just how green they were. He lifted his hand and ran it through his thick, curly hair. He looked up at me, and his condescending gaze made me shiver. I think that's just how he usually looks.

His eyes softened once he focused on me, and he smiled. He lifted the blanket and pulled it up over his bare shoulders. I ran the side of my hand down the side of his face. I felt goosebumps as he exhaled. I could feel his cold breath on my fingers as they tangled in his hair.

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been feelin' it

The whole time

Maybe we could date. Maybe we could see each other again. No. That's insane. It was one night. And one night only.

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been waitin' for

The first sign

He closed his eyes again and he reached up to grab my arm. He softly pulled me down to lay beside him again, so I did.