Unofficial - Mystrade

3rd Person P.O.V

"When you're ugly, and someone loves you, you know they love you for who you are. Beautiful people never know who to trust." -Drax, Guardians of the Galaxy, VOL 2

*

Eating was annoying. Neither of the Holmes brothers ever ate much. For different reasons, of course. Sherlock never ate on a case, which was often, because it slowed down his thought process. Mycroft, on the other hand, hates gaining weight more than anything in the world.

Of course, when Sherlock ventured to the Victorian Era in his mind, he made Mycroft as overweight and unappealing as possible.

Now. Let's say that Sherlock's 'Victorian Era' was able to expand.

And let's say that there were things in that 'Victorian Era' didn't always have to do with Sherlock himself.

Okay. Are we clear?

Good. On with the show.

*

"Can I speak with Mr Holmes, please?" Lestrade signed nervously. He had forced himself to learn sign language, for the sake of his deaf younger sister. And it helped that now he could see the older Holmes more easily now.

"Of course, Mr Lestrade. I believe he was expecting you." The man at the front desk signed back. Lestrade nodded and made his way to Holmes' office. He had removed his hat, revealing to everyone in the room that he had cut his hair since the last time they all saw him. In those three months, he had developed a light stubble, removed his sideburns and he seemed a bit happier. Lestrade thought, and his friends agreed, that those were all improvements. He hoped Holmes thought the same thing.

He knocked lightly on the office door, and it was immediately opened. On the other side of it, was the face he loved most in the world. Though, he could never tell a soul. Mycroft had gotten a lot healthier and had lost a lot of weight. That way, he could live to grow old was Lestrade, something he dreamed of constantly. 

"Come on in."

Lestrade smiled and walked past Holmes. He sat in his usual spot; on the arm of Holmes' chair. Holmes sat down in his aforementioned chair and smiled up at Lestrade.

"Long time, no see." Holmes whispered with a grin.

"Yes, sorry about that. I meant to stop by, I- work has been absolutely horrible lately. And, you know, we have to be careful."

"I know-"

"If I stop by too often, people will start to-"

"Gregory. Please calm down." Holmes wrapped his arm around Lestrade's waist, pulling him closer. Lestrade conceded, and sat on Holmes' lap. "I understand what you are saying. This was never going to be easy."

"But it won't get better."

"Don't say that-"

"But it won't. We won't be able to live in a time where this-" Lestrade gestured to the invisible space between the two men, "will be okay! We can't... we could get fired... or killed."

"I know. But... we have been together for nearly 3 years. And no one has figured it out, have they?"

"Not even your brother." Lestrade chuckled.

"Not even my brother. We are safe, my love. As long as we keep things to ourselves, we will be okay."

"Well, I think I might need to make it trickier for you."

"What do you mean-?"

Lestrade – or in this moment, Gregory – hopped off his secret boyfriend's lap and knelt in front of him.

"Look... you know I'm poor. I have a tiny flat on the other side of town. I'll never try to pretend like I have more than I actually do. It'll just make me look ridiculous. But... I'm hopelessly in love with you. I have been ever since you and your crazy little brother waltzed into my life. I'm so proud of you... They said you'd die in 3 years. So, you got your health back up to speed. And it meant that we could be together for the rest of our lives. I love you, Mycroft. More than anyone is allowed to know. And, I know we'll never actually be allowed to get married, but... I'm still going to ask. Will you marry me?" Gregory produced a simple, silver band from his back pocket.

"In another lifetime, I'm sure." Mycroft took the ring and placed it on his ring finger. "For now, may we pretend."

"You'll always be a husband to me. I don't give a damn what the rest of the world says."

"Love knows no boundaries, my dear."

Gregory stood up and leaned down to kiss his unofficial husband.

"I'm glad it doesn't."