Alternative Endings Pt. 2 - Johnlock

Short one cause I'm tired and about to go watch a Benedict Cumberbatch movie so yep

3rd Person P.O.V

"I'm his uh..."

"My hostage!"

"Hostage! That's it!"

John closed his eyes and felt the barrel of a gun softly graze his temple.

"Get ready..." Sherlock whispered.

For what? John thought.

"Run!"

And with that, the two sprinted away from the crowd as fast as they could. Their hands were handcuffed together; no one could separate them. Not even the law, clearly.

"Take my hand!" Sherlock said desperately. John did as he was told, and he fumbled to find his best friend's hand. He gripped onto it as tightly as he could, and a thought flashed through his mind.

We're handcuffed together... we don't need to hold hands. I'm not complaining... What?

They eventually ran down a darkly lit alleyway, and Sherlock was able to climb a gate by jumping on top of some bins. Even though they were still attached at the wrist, John couldn't follow Sherlock. He was too small. There was no bar at the top of the gate, so their connected wrists slipped through the bars.

"Sherlock! I can't get over!" John hissed, still intent on remaining quiet.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Sherlock sighed. John aggressively rolled his eyes. He reached through the bars and grabbed the collar of Sherlock's coat. He yanked Sherlock closer to him, and their noses brushed together gently.

"This is only going to work if we do this together, alright? Unless you have the fucking key..."

Sherlock shook his head. "Okay..."

Unbeknownst to John, Sherlock was panicking. Not from the case, not from the cops. No. From that the fact that John was so close to him. If he moved forward just enough, he would have his first kiss. He would have his first kiss with the only person he had ever fallen in love with. He not so discreetly looked at John's lips, then directly into his eyes. Once Sherlock snapped back to reality, he saw that John was staring back at him. He had to ask:

"John... what are you thinking?"

"Uh... why?"

Sherlock took notes on his friend's appearance.

His pupils are blown wide. His pulse is racing against mine, and mine is beating just as fast. His eyes are flickering between my eyes and my lips. I think he might want to kiss me. I could be wrong. I'm never wrong. But... John is straight, right?

"Sherlock..."

"Hm?"

"Are we gonna move, or...?"

"Oh. Yes. I can help you over. I'll stand up on that dumpster if you stand up on that bin."

"Can I do something first?" John whispered. He wasn't nervous. In fact, he was trying to sound as confident as possible.

"What-?" Sherlock was cut off by John's mouth upon his own. John's free hand made his way to the back of the detective's neck, pulling him impossibly closer. They stayed like that for a few minutes, and Sherlock finally understood why people liked this kind of thing.

"Wait! Shit! We need to keep moving!" John hissed, pulling back.

"Oh!" Sherlock gasped. Sherlock stood up on the dumpster right beside him, and kept his arms low. John's arm was up over his head as he climbed onto the bin beside him. They lifted their arms up and interlocked their fingers. For safety and for comfort. Sherlock, with just a bit of struggle, was able to lift John over the fence and wrap him in a quick hug before they sped off again.

They safely made it back to their flat and pushed past each other to make it through the front door. Mrs Hudson stepped out of her flat to see what all the fuss was about, and she wasn't really surprised by the sight before her.

The two young men were standing at the bottom of the stairs, snogging softly. Sherlock had been pressed up against the wall by John, and they had handcuffs on. She smiled and shook her head, making her way back inside her flat. Not a couple, huh?

"Let's get these off, shall we?" John whispered. Sherlock nodded. John lightly kissed Sherlock on the cheek and they shared a precious smile.

They walked up to John's bedroom, and John found his gun.

"I can do it." Sherlock offered shyly.

"And shoot my hand off? No thanks, love. I can handle it."

"Mrs Hudson will yell at us."

"I'm smarter than you. I have a silencer on it." They both chuckled. Sherlock smiled softly and nodded. John cocked the gun and they separated their hands as much as they could. He shot the chain and it broke in half.

"Now what?" Sherlock asked. John put his gun away and reached into Sherlock's curly hair with his uncuffed hand. Sherlock leaned into his touch with an adoring smile, and felt John tug on a spot in the middle of his head. Out came a bobby pin. "How did you know?"

John smirked. He bent the pin slightly and began picking the lock on the cuff on Sherlock's hand. Once that cuff opened, he did the same for himself. He chucked both in the bin, and they both headed downstairs into the living room. They sat in their respective armchairs and chatted for hours. About the case, about their feelings for each other, anything.

"So... you would be fine dating me?" Sherlock asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"I mean, I haven't been out with a bloke before, but I've always been attracted to guys."

"What about 'I'm not gay'." Sherlock mocked. John smiled and signed.

"Well, I'm still attracted to women, so I'm clearly not gay. I'm bisexual, and I'm attracted to men and women. I have been for as long as I can remember. When I first met you, I immediately fell for you. I was a bit scared at first, as I hadn't felt that strongly for anyone before, let alone a guy. I got so defensive because I didn't want you to get suspicious. I wanted to keep it all a secret. I apologise for that."

"It's fine, love. It's all fine."

"Wanna go to bed?"

"Yeah. Which one?"

"Ha, funny. Mine's a single bed and you're a giant. We're going to your room. I'll get changed."

"Okay." Sherlock smiled softly and shyly. They both stood, and John squeezed Sherlock's hand before going upstairs.

Eventually, they both fell asleep in Sherlock's room, safely wrapped in each other's arms. Neither of them had felt that content in years.