Home - Johnlock

I'm going to try and make chapters shorter to make them easier to write. Key word: T R Y

John's P.O.V

I haven't seen my boyfriend in over a year now. He's travelling around Europe, doing... detective things. He can't tell me, as it's relatively confidential, but he often writes me letters. We text and call, sometimes Skype, but mostly he writes letters. He insists that I don't respond via a letter in return, so I always send him a photo of the letter and text him any thoughts I have about it. Usually, it's not much. Just asking how each other is or what we've been up to. Sometimes, all that'll be on the letter is 'I love you' or 'I miss you'.

Those are probably my favourites.

He would even sometimes write me poetry or put song lyrics on the page. I loved those ones too.

"John? Letter for you!" Mrs Hudson called up the stairs. I hopped up from my armchair, leaving my book abandoned as I ran down the stairs. "Here you go. I'm sure you already know who it's from." I took the letter from her, thanking her before I raced back up to our flat.

Flipping over the dark blue envelope, I saw the fancy, swirly handwriting of my partner. He had signed it 'To John'. And that was it. I opened it and skipped out the multiple-page letter. I unfolded the pages and began to read.

John,

This is a busy time for me. The case is ramping up immensely and I won't be able to write to you as often as you or I would like. So, I'm going to be leaving you with the lyrics of a song that I've been listening to a lot lately.

I love you.

(I know I'm probably incredibly embarrassing, but I also know for a fact that you love it.)

Another summer day, has come and gone away

In Paris or Rome

But I wanna go home

Maybe surrounded by a million people I still feel all alone

I just wanna go home

I miss you, ya know?

And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you

Each one a line or two

'I'm fine baby, how are you?'

And I would send them but I know that it's just not enough

My words were cold and flat

And you deserve more than that

I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face. I loved him so much. He always surprised me with how oddly romantic he could be.

Another winter day has come and gone away

In either Paris or Rome

But I wanna go home

Let me go home

I'm just too far from where you are

I've gotta go home

I miss you so very much John. I can't wait to see your face in person again. I want to see you more than anything. And I promise I'll see you soon. I love you an unbelievable amount.

-Sherlock

For someone who claims to be cold-hearted, he can be incredibly sweet sometimes. I folded the letter back up and placed it in the box that held the rest of the letters he'd sent me.

I spent the rest of the day doing pretty unremarkable things. I did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, read a book, went to the store, typical things. I came back from the store at about 4 in the afternoon and made my way up the stairs with the bags in my hands.

I'm glad I didn't buy anything breakable that day, cause I dropped the shopping on the floor the second I entered the flat. Because there, standing by the big window in our flat, was my boyfriend. The love of my goddamn life. Sherlock. Fucking. Holmes.

I raced over to him and hugged him as desperately as I could. He hugged back, asking me to loosen my grip because he might pass out. I let go of him and stepped back. I leant up to kiss him, and I'd almost forgotten how incredible it was the kiss him, hold him or just be with him. He kissed back, gripping my waist. He pulled back and laughed softly.

"Might want to get the shopping off of the floor, love."

"In a minute, okay?"

"Okay."