do u really? - Johnlock

Part two to 'the alternative' :) this song is also from Lyn Lapid's new album. It's called 'do u really?' and it was released as a single first. It's a collab with Ruth B (Lost Boy, Dandelions) and it's bloody good. Also also my bf is moving back to America next week and also, it's term 3 next week soooo imma be sad and busy lmao

Also on a happy note, the Red, White, and Royal Blue movie is out on the 11th of August, Heartstopper Season 2 is out on the 3rd of August and Good Omens Season 2 is out on the 28th of July. Really happy about that :)

John's P.O.V

I normally dread when Sherlock asks me a lot of questions. He has an endless supply of questions, and he always knows the answer. He just wants to see what I think about things that he knows everything about. But this time was a bit different. I know for a fact he knows absolutely nothing about relationships because it's almost impossible to know what relationships are like if you've never had one.

His questions about marriage caught me a bit off guard, but I answered him the best I could. I'm no expert, but with that topic, I could probably say anything, and he'd believe me.

"I just don't think I was cut out for marriage." I explained. "I used to be fine with doing the same thing every day, but..." He looked up at me, and I knew I had his full attention. "I guess I'm just not good for that anymore."

"Why?"

"You." Uh. Shit. I didn't phrase that correctly. "I mean, well, living with you and... um... ya know... I like being in my own bed and doing something different every day. I'm not the same person I was before I met you."

"Neither am I. I've talked to more people over the last few years than I have in my entire life." He paused and smiled slightly. "Thanks to you."

"You're welcome."

*

Mrs Hudson had a lot of questions for me. Even more than Sherlock did. I regretted walking down the stairs that morning, but it was still nice to see her. I answered her questions as patiently as I could. Eventually, she said:

"Oh, but I'm sure you're sick of answering so many questions!" She was buzzing around her kitchen, doing something. I wasn't sure exactly, but she at least looked busy. I heard footsteps above my head and knew that meant that Sherlock was coming down the stairs. "Sherlock!" She called out. I don't know if she expected a response. I'd learned not to.

"Mmm? Yes?" He walked past her front door, looking up when he heard her voice. "Problem?" He directed that question at me, and I shook my head.

"Nope. No problem." He very gingerly patted my arm before turning back to Mrs Hudson.

"Yes?" He repeated, and she passed him a stack of clean plates. That's what she was doing.

"Those are yours."

"Couldn't you have given them to John?"

"Those are from months ago! He wasn't here, so they're yours."

"That's why we had no plates/" I mumbled. I took the stack from him and said I'd take them upstairs. As I walked off, I heard Sherlock angrily tell Mrs Hudson to 'stop picking on him', and she was laughing. I didn't know what that was about, but they had conversations like that often, so I didn't think much of it.

"You've known him for years! You don't have to be so awkward."

"Leave me alone."

I couldn't help but laugh. So, they were talking about me, were they? Interesting.

*

I was putting the plates away when Sherlock came back upstairs. He looked annoyed, but that's how he typically looks, so nothing out of the ordinary.