Poster Boy - Mystrade/Johnlock

Another song chapter because my brain is currently not working

This song was just released as it's by Lyn Lapid

3rd Person P.O.V

A boys' day out sounded like a good idea in theory. But it's hard to have a nice day together when you don't like each other.

"Do we seriously have to do this?" Sherlock hissed. He was trying to comb his hair for the first time in 3 months, but it kept getting stuck. "When will our mother accept that we don't like each other?"

"I don't think she ever will. So, we'll just have to keep up appearances. At least for today." Mike grumbled. "If we get through today without murdering each other, then maybe she'll let us be."

"No."

"Do you want to die?" Mike yanked the comb out of Sherlock's hair.

"Ow!"

"Shut up."

"See? We can't do anything without fighting."

"Let's just go already. I want to eat." Sherlock walked out of the bathroom and grabbed his backpack. "Where's your wallet?"

"In my pocket. Get your own money."

"Fuck you. You know I got fired." Sherlock got right up in his brother's face and whispered so their mother couldn't hear him swear.

"Fuck you too. Let's go before I kill you."

"Not if I kill you first."

"Just go."

*

Boys' day out was going much better down the street.

"I wanna go to the shops, and the library, and the café and well, everywhere 'cause I never get to go anywhere and I want to do everything!"

"Jesus Christ. I have no idea what you just said."

"Everything!" Greg stopped walking. "I want to do everything!"

"Can you write me a list or something?"

"Yep!" Greg started walking on the top of a small wall, treating it like a balance beam and sticking his arms out so he didn't fall. "I can't believe Mum finally let me out of the house!"

"This truly is a monumental day." John reached out to grab Greg's hand before he fell. "Get down! You'll break something again."

"Fine!" Greg jumped off and walked beside John. There was a moment of silence and Greg broke it, as he always did. "Do you have any friends other than me?"

John smiled. He was used to out-of-nowhere questions by now. "Not really. I wouldn't call the rugby guys 'friends' because, apart from rugby, there's never much to talk about."

"Yeah. They're all a bit too obsessed with girls and sports. Like, don't gemme wrong, I like girls and I like sports. But it's not like that's my whole life!"

"Yeah, I get that." They came up to the grocery store on the corner. "Hey, you wanna go in?"

"Can I get Pringles?"

"You can get whatever you want."

"Yes!" Greg went to cross the road, but John grabbed his collar and pulled him back onto the path. "There's no cars!"

"Just... Now. Let's go." The boys crossed the street and John held the door open for Greg.

*

"Can we go to the shops? I need some more butter and dried crickets." Mike's head whipped around.