Girlfriend/Boyfriend - Johnlock (Pt. 2)

John's P.O.V

What? What was she talking about? Why in the world was she breaking up with me? I started sifting through recent memories, trying to think if I'd done anything wrong.

"John! You haven't done anything wrong. God, I didn't think this through." She was speaking a mile a minute. I had trouble hearing what she was saying. "I can't be your girlfriend but I can be your... your boyfriend. If you'd like..."

"Boy...boyfriend? What are you talking about?"

"I... I'm trans. I'm a boy. I... I still love you and want to be with you and I still like guys but I completely understand if you don't want to be with me anymore-"

I cut him off with a kiss. I took his face in my hands and rubbed circles on his cheekbones. "I love you." I whispered.

"But- but you're straight." I kissed him again, smiling against his lips.

"But I'm kissing a boy. That's not exactly straight, is it?" He looked shocked and confused. "I'm not straight. We had this conversation ages ago. I'm pansexual. You being trans doesn't change the fact that I love you. I know this might be confusing for you. I just want yo make it easier for you, okay? I love you." He leaned forward and kissed me, tears rolling down his handsome face.

"I love you too..." He whispered, snuggling up to my side.

"What's your new name? Pronouns? Do your parents and brother know?"

He smiled at my outburst of questions. He started to list off his answers, counting on his fingers. "1. My name is Sherlock. William Sherlock Scott Holmes, to be exact. Mum helped me come up with it."

"I love it!" I grinned, kissing his forehead. "Sherlock suits you."

"Thank you, I love it too. 2. My pronouns are he/him. 3. My parents and brother all know and they're all supportive. They're struggling with some things, but they're all fine with it."

I wrapped my arms around him and titled his head up. I leaned down to kiss him. "I love you." I whispered. He kissed me back and I could feel him starting to relax.

"I love you too. God, I was so scared to tell you."

"Are you going to transition? Like, medically?"

"Uh... yeah. Yeah. My parents are going to help me with that." Sherlock turned around to face me properly. "I just can't believe how well you all took it."

"We took it well because we love you." I kissed his forehead. "And we all want to support you through all of this."

His whole face turned bright red and he pushed his face into my chest. "I love you too." He mumbled.

*

Another 4 years have passed since then, and quite a bit has changed. Sherlock and I are both done with university now, and he's nearly fully transitioned. Obviously, he'll stay on hormones, but he's done everything now. Everyone in our lives know, he's had surgery and he's changed his name legally. He only got top surgery though. He didn't want to get bottom surgery. I never really asked why. He's asexual so I guess it just never bothered him that much. He did get a hysterectomy, however, meaning that periods aren't a problem for him anymore.

He's taller than me now, and can't really seem to grow much facial hair. He kept the coloured streaks in his hair, but they're blue now, which is his favourite colour. He kept his earrings, and he's so much happier now. We're still together, obviously, and I'm planning on proposing to him soon. We have a cat called Charlie who's basically our son, and we live in a nice little flat together. I love Sherlock so much and I couldn't imagine a better life.

I have the best boyfriend in the world. His name is Sherlock and he's the best person I've ever met.