Girlfriend/Boyfriend - Johnlock (Pt. 1)

This is meant to be super fluffy and yes one character is trans, but I'm going to steer clear of transphobia cause transphobia sucks and I don't feel like writing about that shit right now

Also I'm sick so that's why I'm actually writing for once

John's P.O.V

I have the best girlfriend in the world. Her name is Charlotte and she's pretty damn brilliant.

Her full name is Billie Charlotte Sharon Holmes. She went by Billie until she was 4, and decided that she liked Charlotte better. I've asked her about it and she always just says that it made her sound more mysterious.

She's probably the smartest person I have ever met. She's constantly reading and can help me with any kind of homework for all kinds of classes. She plays the violin and started learning, by her own decision, when she was 6. She's autistic, but she's never let that stop her. Sure, she sometimes finds it difficult to talk to people or express her emotions properly, but I love her all the same.

She's a year younger than me. We're 17 and 18, and we've been together since Char was 15 and I was 16. I love her so much and I really hope that we stay together.

Did I mention how pretty she is? Well, it's true. She has short, dark brown, and curly hair. It has pink streaks through it that I help her redye every few months.

Her eyes are stunning, too. They're a beautiful mix of green, blue, and a tiny bit of gold. She doesn't smile super often, but it's always special when she does. The corners of her eyes crinkle a bit and her teeth show slightly.

Most guys at school always ask me why I'm with her. I would like to give them the same answer each time, but there are so many great things I could say about Char that I always say something different.

Examples over the years have been:

"I dunno. I just love her."

"Cause she's smart and really funny."

"I could never get tired of talking to her."

"She makes me smile just by existing."

We were lounging around at my house on a normal Saturday when things changed. She was curled up on my chest and we were laying on my couch. We were watching Torchwood and had a nice spread of crisps, breadsticks, and cheese.

"John? Can I tell you something?" Char asked, looking up at me. I tilted my head sideways as I watched her move around. I paused the episode and watched as she sat up on the couch. I sat up beside her and she seemed quite nervous. It wasn't like her to be anxious.

"What's wrong, Char?"

"Uh... I need to tell you something. Something really important. It's something that could change the way you see me."

I took her hands in mine and gave her a reassuring smile. "I love you."

"You might not love me after I tell you this." She looked at her lap and dropped my hands.

"You're starting to scare me, love. What are you talking about?" I was getting just as nervous as she looked.

"I... can't be your girlfriend anymore."