Chapter Thirteen

Skeletons

Many weeks passed and we're still on the excruciating training. The schedule went haywire and whirlwind of sessions. Iba't-ibang training ang ginagawa namin kada araw pero mayroon pang ilang training na hindi pa namin nagagawa. But today we will be training the obstacle course under by Ms. Asra Delvin. Ang obstacle training course ay matatagpuan sa gitna ng kagubatan kalapit sa arena at brink. Yesterday, the administer said that we can now train for weapons but with limitation because we have other trainings to handle dominantly.

We are here at the training obstacle ground. Different kinds of obstacle were line up according to its intensity.

"Welcome to the obstacle course training where injuries are prone at this stage." Ms. Delvin mocked.

She is a middle-aged rude trainer according to Lupitha. She has a fox silver eyes with high brows and cheekbone. Her hair is dark and short with red bloody lips. She slightly has a biceps with her age which make her look tough and intimidating.

"You can now start training. Hindi muna ganon ka seryoso, just play along with the course and get use to it.." she said in dismissive.

The wide space was surrounded with Larix and Pine trees. There are different obstacle in the course place in order. 3 feet of white sand will be under each obstacle to cushion any impact. There will also be 20 feet between each obstacle.

"The first obstacle is the 10 feet wall climb. You have to climb the wall using your hands and feet." she said through the megaphone.

Fifteen of us first year was schedule in the obstacle course. None of my friend were selected in this training but I recognized familiar faces so it's not that solitary. We took a warm up and few stretches before we execute the courses.

Tatlo muna ang aakyat bago ang iba pang susunod. Isa ako sa mga naunang grupo kaya nagsimula na kaming umakyat. The wall is rough, so there are edges to held on. Since, I'm good at climbing trees, climbing the wall was not that hard for me. After I climb on the front, next is the back of this wall.

"Second obstacle is the high wall. Jump up and over 2 consecutive 5 foot walls." she instructed.

Inapakan ko ang white sand at maiging pinagmasdan ang dalawang high wall. One of my group attempt to jump aggressively and end up hitting the high walls instead.

"Test the obstacle first before jumping. There's no need to rush on this state." she reprimanded on the guy.

Napakamot naman ang lalaki sa kahihiyan. I heard other groups snickered from the back. Karamihan sa labing-limang nandito ay puro mga lalaki. Anim lang kaming mga babae.

Ako ang sumunod. Five foot is not totally high, so, I manage to jump over it slowly and carefully to assure I won't hit the walls. Pagkatapos noon ay sa isa namang pader ako tumalon. With a sleek move, I held the top of the wall with my right hand and jumped. Halos kabahan ako sa posibilidad na maaksidente. The thought recall me on how Lupitha got her injuries many months ago.

"The third obstacle is crawl under 20 feet net." ani Miss Delvin.

Gumapang kami sa ilalim ng net. Cushion sands were dusting as we crawl. Pagkatapos naming gumapang ay sa ibang course na naman. We passed the rope swing across pit, tunnel crawl, stutter-step tires, hand across monkey bar, ball sprint, balance beam, log across, cargo net climb and many obstacle courses.

The trainer announced that after three weeks of training, there will be a challenge on the obstacle course by group and by individual. We also learn different weapons and guns. Halos lahat ay abala sa training. There's no time to idle around. Sa katunayan ay hindi ko na masyadong nakakausap sina Lunarex at Lupitha dahil sa paiba-ibang schedule. Kahit sa dorm ay matatagpuan ko na lang si Lunarex na natutulog dahil sa pagod.