Chapter Fifty - Part Two

It seems like there's a lot going on with the plan to deactivate the bomb and stop Aurora. Lunarex and Dian will be in charge of hacking the bomb, while Lupitha, Ozcar, and Lew will be going to stop Aurora. Syfin and Calloway will handle Walter Kennedy.

They don't know what Aleera's plan is, but they need to come up with a plan themselves. They can't just wait while the meeting is ending and the Head is signing some papers.

On Aleera's side, they entered the academy, but they were surprised to find that most of the staff was gone. The lab rooms looked like they had been through a war, with broken glass, flickering lights, and loose wires. It seems like the attack may have been focused on the upper floor of the underground laboratory.

"What happened here?" Lin asked, looking around in disbelief.

"It's starting," Barry whispered.

Aleera turned to him, worry evident on her face as she processed the situation.

"We need to hurry," she said determinedly.

-

"Mr. Kennedy, all the bombs are set. In one hour and thirty-six minutes, the whole place is going to blow," a voice on the phone informed him.

Kennedy grazed his left ear and muttered, "I'll meet you at my private helicopter," before ending the call with a grin.

The head mistress celebrated briefly before the authorities left. She handed them glasses and poured wine for a toast. Kennedy wasted no time and left the meeting room, bidding farewell to the president and other authorities. He mentioned that he had some work to do and was allowed to leave.

Ophelia locked her gaze on Mr. Kennedy as he walked away and closed the door. She looked serious as she distanced herself from the others.

"Mr. Jefferson, are the seniors okay?" she asked through her ear device.

"Yes. This private lab was highly protected," he replied.

"What about the other cadets?" she asked again, glancing at the people who seemed to be happily chatting and drinking wine.

"The excels are handling them. Everyone is in the arena now. Miss Syfin sent me a warning. Did you receive her message?"

"I received them a while ago," she confirmed.

"It's Mr. Kennedy, mistress. He's behind all of this," Mr. Jefferson informed her.

"I know," she sighed, touching her forehead. She didn't know what to feel, as mixed emotions flooded her. "We will contact later. I need to handle something."

Ophelia followed Kennedy as he left the others to celebrate, walking through the enormous hallway. The only sound that echoed was Kennedy's footsteps. She carefully trailed behind him, making sure not to be noticed.

After some time, he stopped and chuckled, knowing that she was following him. He turned around to see Ophelia's grinning face.

"Mr. Kennedy, why don't you celebrate with us? You worked so hard to tarnish the academy's image. Your efforts to prove how irresponsible I am in managing my own premises didn't pay off as you planned," Ophelia maintained a casual tone. She couldn't let him know that she knew something bad was about to happen.

"Why would I celebrate your negligence? You think you've won?" he chuckled. "Looks like you hate my criticism. You should learn to accept it, Peregrine."

"Oh, come on. Don't be so bitter and join us. I know you're against me, and so am I," Ophelia nodded. "Looks like you hate people who are against you, Kennedy. You should accept it," she retorted.