Chapter Fourty-Six

Foggy forest

Ngayon ang launch para sa nahuhuling misyon. I want to erase the negative thoughts that is about happen, but to deny your guts and intuition would only make it worst. Day by day those thoughts won't fade and melt. Iyon ay ang paparating na dagok sa akademya. Ngunit ang kaba na dapat pagtuonan ng pansin ay magiging takot ito. Fear is not the solution right now. Ayukong mag-isip nang kung ano. It would be unfair for my teammates.

If fear consumes me, then I'll do it scared.

The beauty of the sunrise never fails to awe me. It is a symbol of a good start, a new day, new beginning. But here in our lands, it means a new day to survive, to live, and to conquer.

That big ball of fire spreading light to the darkness is our way of reminding ourselves that we should too. Let's light this world covert in darkness that lies upon every corner.

Watching as the helicopters fled to the sky, I close my eyes and took a big breath, shoving away the crawling fears that is about to engulf me.

"Uy, Aleera, nag-silent monologue ka d'yan?" Luxy chuckled.

I open my eyes. "Just sipping some air."

Our front is the huge foggy forest. This forest is thick and trees that rooted here are gigantic, almost haunting to look at. Suot ang aming helmet visor na may ultra-breather, we scanned the place.

"Aight, better skedaddle." naunang umapak si Serri sa gubat.

Eventhough, the sun is rising, the inner part of the forest is so dark that the rays of the sun couldn't touch the ground.

"Ang foggy naman." reklamo ni Luxy sa linya.

"This forest is not naturally foggy, it's the gases of the phlorums that they releases." sagot ni Clyd sa kanya.

"It's the mists, smart boy." sagot ni Luxy na ngumisi.

"Mists or not mists, we must stay alert. Hindi maganda ang kutob ko sa mga mutants ang nandito." Serri inserted.

Totoo ang sinabi niya, kahit kami lang ang tatanungin. Those trainings we did back at the academy were almost didn't pass for survival preference. As long as we aim for the gills and the head of the Phlorum, we will survive.

Napatingin ako kay Aurora na seryosong nakatingin sa paligid. Mahigpit niyang hawak ang kanyang plasma rifle. Vasha on her side is chill and quiet. Maingat lang niyang sinusuri ang paligid gamit ang kanyang visor, gripping her energize katana with its energy shone in this dark forest.

Matatayog na puno ang unang makikita mo sa lugar nato. This forest covers the wide land that many people on the previous century got lost in this forest. Noong wala pang mga halimaw na nagkalat ay talagang misteryoso na talaga ang gubat na ito.

Tall trees with protruding roots line up ahead. The place is dark and spooky. Samahan mo pa sa makapal na mga dahon at malalabong na mga sanga na nagsisilbing takip sa kalangitan.

"We have to plan this out. I have map in this forest. We can determine each other's location because they installed GPS tracker in our helmet visor. Sa gilid ng screen makikita niyo ang limang blue dots, which is your team's location while the green dot is you." Phoenix explained.

"You installed GPS?" bahagyang nagulat si Aurora sa binanggit ni Phoenix.

"Fantastic right? He's our bird." singit ni Luxy. "And correction Anson, hindi siya ang nag-installed pero siya ang nagpa-install. Masyado kasing demanding ang taong 'to." sabi niya sa linya.

Sandaling natahimik si Aurora at napahinto. "That's really strategic of you."

We walked slowly towards the further of this forest. Naunang naglakad si Serri habang hawak ang kanyang sniper rifle ARS 12. Clyd was next to her who is arming an assault rifle VS 92. Luxy was also ready, like he's waiting for the mutant to show so he could kill it.