Chapter Fourty-Seven

Double Cross

Third Person

Magdamag nag-isip si Aleera kung totoo ba ang kanyang nakita sa visor. Imposible namang may sampung lifeforms ang nandito sa gubat. This forest is not some ordinary place for people to stay. Gayunding may mga phlorum ang naninirahan dito. Kaya't nakakapagtaka. The visor is not broken nor sending false information.

She didn't said a word to her teammates. After that fight when she gaze from where the lifeforms located, she have seen no one anymore. Hindi kaya't katulad ito sa nangyari sa nakaraang misyon na mayroong mga armadong taong sumugod sa kanila. Perhaps a survivor?

Her head throbbed because of the overthinking. She wanted to tell it to her members but there's that hesitation.

They cleared a lot of areas where phlorums are mostly residing. Now, they are exploring deep into this forest for another ruction.

Dahil sa nangyari sa kahapong labanan, naging tahimik si Aleera. She's not in the mood to talk when she knows they're not alone in this place. Keeping an eye out everywhere is her sideline mission.

"Kanina ka pa tahimik, Nyssa. You should talk more." ingganyo ni Luxy sa kanya.

Lumingon lang siya sa lalaki't ngumiti lang ito sa kanya.

"Stop pestering her, Zorion. Wala talaga kayong pinagkaiba sa kapatid mo." Vasha spoke.

Suminghap ang lalaki, clearly he's offended because he hates comparing him and his sister. Kung naging panahon ang dalawa, siya ang araw na sisikat habang ang kanyang babaeng kapatid ay malakas na ulan, sabayan mo pa ng kulog.

"She's nothing like me." masungit na sagot ni Luxy.

Vasha lift the corner of her lips. Mukhang may pag-titripan siya sa misyon na'to. Though, the compose and well-mannered leader, Phoenix Crow, won't allow this juvenile behavior. 

"Oh, really. The fact that both of you are siblings. I see the copy. Both of you are annoying as hell. Ask Serri." ngumisi si Vasha kay Serri.

Serri nearly roll her eyes. Bakit napasa sa kanya ang sumpa?

"Whatever." she murmured.

Pinasasalamatan naman niya ang ibang miyembro na napakatahimik. Aurora, Clyd, and Aleera are like some kind of statue.

"Kanina pa tayo palakad-lakad. Are we certain that we're not going the same direction over again?" tanong ni Clyd.

He crouched and touched the soil below him. Napalingon si Phoenix sa kanila. A frown displayed on his face as he gaze Clyd with confusion.

"Bakit?" he probed.

"The ground has blood on it." he's refering to the soil. "We already disposed the bodies of the phlorums. Kaya bakit may dugo dito? Baka bumalik tayo sa dating daanan na'tin?" he also questioned himself.

"Impossible. I marked the trees that we passed already and I haven't seen one of my marks here. So, we are going at the right direction." Luxy surveyed the place as he speak.

"Looks like we are not the only one here in the forest." malumanay na saad ni Serri. She also crouched and touched the ground. The blood smeared on her gloves and she instantly wipe it against the tree near her.