Chapter Thirty-Three

East Erthomia

Today's the day. Another mission to be held at East Erthomia in the abandoned suburbs part of it. While applying our battle apparel with the help of the staffs, my mind daze into my last mission.

We flew into the distant land and we reached the place where the copters drop us. May sinabi si Ms. Delvin sa'min pero hindi ko narinig kasi nasa ibang bahagi ako ng aking isip. Clara nudge me and I'm back to my real world.

"You okay, cupcake? Stop thinking about the possibilities. We're all going to die eventually." she shrugged as she chewed the gum on her mouth.

That statement didn't help a bit. Napatingin sa'kin si Lew at kalaunan ay nag-iwas ng tingin. I inwardly sigh. He's been avoiding me since that happen. Gusto kong humingi ng patawad pero parang walang saysay kung ipagpatuloy ko. I somewhat hurt his feelings by simply not minding his feelings. I should take it considerably for him but I couldn't.

"Miss Nyssa, ears up! Don't wanna get back to the rehab if you want!" Ms. Delvin smirked but her expression shift to stern. "Remember, if anything happens in this mission better be strong. I'm not some wisdom trainer but I do want to add quotes in your journey." she said.

Tumango kaming lahat at tinanaw ang helicopter na umalis. As it fanned our hair harshly, I gaze the suburban of the East Erthomia. The place has been demolish and a few houses are pretty abandoned. Sa nakita ay parang naririnig ko ang mga sigaw ng mga kaluluwang nakatira rito.

Arming my PM63, we begin the search. We activated our visor and the vision says it's normal, for now.

"I'll probably search for higher grounds don't I captain?" suhestiyon ni Ashwin habang dala ang isang L96A1.

"Wait. we must observe the area. Higher grounds are prone and an eye catcher for them." pigil ni Klaus. "We can't barge to different houses or old establishments for it is very risky at this moment but in contrary, it is 73% advantageous to attack at broad daylight." he explain further more.

Cormac smirk in satisfaction. "Well, I guess we must follow what Laxum's suggestions." he rested his M21 Black which suited his personality.

"Yours the command. Still you can refuse the ideas and have it your way." kalmadong anya at inayos ng hawak ang kanyang dalang Auto Rail Barrel Rifle.

"Psh, move your ass people!" we turn to Clara who's grinning a bit far from us, holding her RPK-74.

"Someone's excited." I murmur.

Pansin ko ang pananahimik ni Riley habang dala ang dalawang long range handgun na may silencer. Lew was also silent with his simonov SKS on his grip.

"You two are silent." Cormac remarks.

It's like he read my mind. Umiwas lang si Lew at naunang naglakad.

"Nyssa, better fix this business of yours. I hate members who are snobber." seryoso siyang nakatingin sa'kin pero parang nahaluan parin ng pilyo ang kanyang expression. I really can't tell the difference.

I sigh and went to Lew as we walk ahead to the destructed place. His broad shoulders were hesitating me to talk to him.

"Lew.." I called.

Patuloy lang siyang naglakad na parang hindi ako narinig. I turn to Cormac and when I did, his face went blank. Ano ba ang naging kasalanan ko ngayon?

"Lew, can we talk?" I asked.

I sigh when he did not listen. Ganun ba siya kagalit sa'kin? I thought he's the last person who's I assume to get mad at me. I felt a presence from my back and by the scent of her flavored gum, I knew it was Clara.