Chapter Fourty-One

Worried

Calloway commanded Junnie and Lucy to throw a bomb in the hole again. Sinunod naman nila ito ng walang pag-aalinlangan. They did bombed the hole again, as seconds ticked the bomb exploded. Nagtalsikan ang mga tubig na parang umulan saglit. The scene was a big splashed.

They heard a mumbled shrill from the mutants before they get what they deserve–to die.

Jaxon clash the remaining mutants as his sword shone from the bright sky. He's determine to let the mutants taste his deadly blade.

Nang matapos ang labanan ay napahingal ang mga kadete. The marsh is now a blood bath. Blood was everywhere together with the dead bodies of the blood sucker.

“Team, let's find shelter before the night.” ani Calloway.

“Copy.”

“Roger that.”

After the mutants in the marsh, they're now headed to forge inside the forest mangrove. But before that they'll have to crossed the saltwater that divided the two wetlands.

It's 10:49 in the morning but the water is freezing. They all walk until the water slowly becames deeper. Aleera's lips trembled when the depth of the water reaches her neck. Naging alerto ang mga kasamahan niya dahil malalim ang tubig at baka may biglang umatake sa ilalim.

“You can swim now, Junnie, since you're all about swimming lately.” Jaxon started.

Binigyan niya saglit ng tingin ang dalaga. Ang kanyang malambot na buhok ay nagpatianod sa tubig and some of her strands sticked to her face and neck. Sa simpleng gawi na iyon ay hindi mapigilang mamangha si Jaxon.

“I wanted to swim in the hole, not here.” Junnie retorted.

Biglang napasinghap si Reyda ng ang lebel ng tubig ay halos lalagpas na sa kanya. So as the others. Kung kanina'y naglalakad lang sila sa tubig, ngayon ay hindi na nila maapakan ang lupa.

Unang lumangoy si Lucy at sumisid ito sa ilalim ng tubig. Gumaya ang ilan except for Aleera. She has traumatic experienced when it comes on the deep water that is why right now she is struggling to swim forward.

Lahat ay nauna na patungong forest mangrove habang siya'y nahuhuli't hindi halos makagalaw. The current of the water is fairly strong so she moved her hands and fluttered her feet below. Her feet are barely touched the ground and every movement of the water suffocates her. Gusto niyang sumisid pero natatakot siya na baka mag-flashback ang kanyang trauma at malunod ng tuluyan.

Reyda looked back and noticed her. “Hurry up, Nyssa! We don't have the time of the world!”

Pero hindi niya alam na halos nahihirapan na siya sa kanyang kalagayan, until she drove their attention.

“Swim that fins yea?” segunda rin ni Lucy. She's already at a tree, soaking wet while eyeing her. Mas una siyang nakaahon na sinundan ng ilan pa.

Aleera closed her eyes and sunk. She tried paddling her feet but the beating of her heart stop her from swimming. She open her eyes and all she could see is the skeletons from below. That memory on the lake flashes her mind and all she could hear is the voice of her father echos within, calling her name over and over again. She scream under the water that bubbles covered her sight.

A strong arm grabbed her waist. She felt it. At dahil sa takot na baka bitawan siya nito ay niyakap niya ang taong 'yun. Nakapikit lang ang kanyang mata hangang dahan-dahan ang paglangoy ni Calloway patungo kung nasaan ang ilang miyembro. She is trembling with fear because that vivid memory washed over her as soon as she sunk.