Chapter Fourty-Five

Care

"Aleera,"

The place is foggy, like the mountain from Alzacar, filled with cold mists. But this one is different. I'm in a place where thick fog covers the view ahead.

"Aleera,"

There it is again my name was called in echo. I know that voice that I couldn't forget. It's from my father's.

"Pa?"

Napalingon ako baka sakaling nangdoon siya pero ni isang anino niya ay wala roon.

"Pa!" I called out of the mists.

"Lee, take my necklace home. Take me home.."

The fog became so thick that I couldn't even see the floor. Para akong nasa langit na napapalibutan ng mga ulap.

"Cris?" naguguluhang tawag ko.

"Take me home.."

The words that came out made me cry. My cheeks are wet with tears as the pain is recalled.

"Cris, I'm sorry.." I sobbed.

"It's not your fault. It will never be." the voice fades with every word.

Napaluhod ako. My chest tighten in pain. I hid this for long and now that I heard Cris' voice, the memory suddenly flashbacks, even the worst ones.

I was in a deep dream until someone honks her mouth so early.

"Umagang putangina!" sigaw ni Clara.

I sat up on the bed, the dream still lingered my mind. Nagising din ang ilan at naiinis na binulyawan si Clara.

I touched my cheeks and to my surprise it's wet. I really did cry. It was a painful dream for me.

"You're crying?"

Nagulat ako sa babaeng nakatayo sa gilid ng kama ko't may tuwalya na sa kanyang balikat.

"I had a dream." sabi ko.

"Hmm," Lunarex nodded and sat on the occupied bed where once Lupitha's.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and I heaved a sigh to ease the emotion that I'm feeling.

"Bangon na mga prinsesa!" another noise resounded.

"Argh, this is fucking annoying." Lunarex grumbled and went to the bathroom.

I prepared myself for today. Ito ang opisyal na araw na magsisimula na kami sa training. My body is used to this routine. Noong una nahihirapan akong mag-adjust pero kalaunan ay hindi ko na nararamdaman ang mga ngalay at pagod.

Sapat kasi ang mga iniinom namin na gamot kapag nasa infirmary kami upang magpagaling. Once we get to the infirmary, they nursed us not to just monitor our progress but to treat our wounds and injuries with quality medicines. Because of the upgraded technology, they studied things to learn and to evolve that knowledge.

We meet up with our teammates. Nangdoon sila sa training room na may gym equipment. Mag-isa kong tinahak ang daan patungo roon.

According to our trainer, Mr. Remus Malfas, he'll be late for some schedules to finish. So he said to us to head for the gym first.

I passed through the wide hallways. Soldiers were roaming around from time to time. When we met our gazes, I just abruptly nodded them to acknowledge their presence. Kahit sa mismong labas ng training room ay mayroong dalawang armadong mga sundalo.

When I went to the door, it automatically opened. The room was crowded. Akala ko kami lang ng mga kagrupo ko ang mga tao rito. Bakit may ibang teammate?