Chapter Fourty-Eight

Survival

The world is full of uncertain happenings. We are surrounded by mutants that scattered everywhere. A lot of people got diseases slowly decreasing the number of population. Evil does not only resides in this world but also in people. Their ugly intentions, immoral traits, and greediness of leverage and resources. They want an access to everything that scarce other people's need.

Aurora Anson is one of the victim despite the mission she has to destroy and sabotage the academy and the cadets in it. She mentioned the reward that I knew she was force to do dangerous act just to get something in return. The evil of her doings doesn't match the pain and sadness in her eyes. She wouldn't do such things if the so called reward she mentioned is not heavy.

Good and evil is a choice. It matters who you'll feed the most. We people had options. We can think of solutions to solve our problems but a prolong process of fixing our problems can cause our patience to twist. We hate waiting because of our hopes that might falter. That's why we chose shortcuts. That's why she chose shortcuts.

We suffered in pain, anxiety, depression. We tend to terminate its source 'cause it breaks our heart to feel this kind of feeling. No one wants it. Who would be? With the atrocious choices line up, she chose this shortcut.

I woke up with the throbbing pain in my head. I can feel blood gushing down on my face. My vision is swimming so I closed my eyes shut to lessen the dizziness. After quite some time, with deep breaths, I scanned the whole environment. I'm still here in the foggy forest but I'm tied up.

Napatingin ako sa rifle at hand gun sa hindi kalayuan. I struggled to escape from this rope that tightly tied up on my body. Hanggang sa maalala ko ang nangyari kagabi. Si Aurora! Mamayang hapon ang extraction at hindi ako sigurado kung umalis na sila o nandito pa. With all this happening around, nasisigurado akong umalis na sila. She maybe fake my death. I'm not sure if she even killed them.

Gusto kong kumawala sa mga nakatali ngunit nahihirapan akong gumalaw. Masyadong mahigpit ang tali. Hindi rin nakatulong na nakadapa ako sa lupa. Dirt smudged my face along with the blood.

I grunted as I tried to reach the dagger from my combat boot. I rolled my body and curled my legs for an easy access. Ng mahulbot ko ang dagger ay agad akong kumilos upang matanggal ang mga lubid na nakapulupot. I even cut my self because of the incapability to grip the dagger completely.

I breathe when the rope untangled. As I stood up, I pick the hand gun and the rifle. Unsure of what awaits me inside this dim forest, I forge.

Maingat akong naglakbay pabalik sa base camp. My heart stops when there was none of them are left in here. I saw my helmet visors and ultra-breather crashed and destructed almost to pieces. Napasinghap ako sa sakit ng ulo. They didn't left any food sources.

"No.." I whispered and looked above.

Isang helicopter ang lumipad sa kalangitan. Dinig ko ito hanggang sa unti-unti na itong lumilipad paalis.

"I'm here! I'm alive!" sigaw ko. "Nandito ako!!"

"I'm here!!" I shot the gun out of nowhere for them to hear me but it was useless.

Sinubukan ko ang visor pero hindi na gumagana. Wala sa sariling napaupo ako sa lupa. Sumakit ang ulo dahil sa komosyon na ginawa ko sa gubat. They left me in here.. to die.

I cried. Napahikbi ako at napatingin sa gubat. This is far away from the academy and I'm lost. I still have energy to get out of here. I need to get out of here.

Tinahak ko ang daan palabas ng gubat. Because of Luxy's marked on the trees, I manage my way out without a hassle. I'm hungry but I need to move. I can still bare the starvation as of now.