Chapter Thirty-Nine

Third Mission

My body frozed when the announcement of missions have been released right in front me on huge and wide screen. Paulit-ulit akong nagbasa roon, assuming na baka namamalikmata lang ako sa nakita.

North Erthomia ( 3rd Mission )

Leader : Calloway Dezaral
Brain : Laimus Peters
Primary Defense : Reyda Hadena
                                 : Junnie Talin
                                 : Aleera Nyssa
Second Command / Defense : Jaxon Lockhart
Sniper : Lucy Zorion
Medic : Zeniya Surrey

I'll be training with them and just the thought of it makes me nauseous. Ang hindi ko lang kilala sa kanila ay si Laimus Peters. A second year cadet who led so many teams in his year. Katulad ko ay may iilan ring nakiasusyo sa screen.

"A meal in one team." lumingon ako at si Reyda ang nagsalita. She was also looking at the screen. "An asshole leader, an individualistic brain, a pessimist, a lowkey airhead, a bitch, the aphrodite and you, whom I hate the most. All in one team. I tried to withdraw the mission but they couldn't let me." she chuckled sarcastically.

Tahimik lang akong nakinig sa kanya. I wanna say something but the words ain't forming a sentence in my head. Did she just put names on them?

"Do you think I like this setting? No. I barely imagined we could be in one team. Why do you hate me so much, Reyda?" I asked, almost impatient.

She eyed me intently and gave me a deadpan look. "It's easy to hate, Nyssa. All you have to do is to find a perfect person to express it." She sighed and looked at the screen once more.

"Can we set aside our differences and cooperate?" I gritted my teeth.

I do not know why she hates me so much. Wala naman akong ginawa sa kanya. It's like when she laid her eyes on me she immediately hated every fiber of my being.

"Oh, I didn't say I wouldn't cooperate and I didn't say I can set aside our differences." she rolled her eyes exasperatedly.

"You talk like you don't have a loved ones." I pointed out.

She sounded bitter. Every word she let out is like a thick ice that if you take it, it will give you a frostbite.

"I don't have one. That shit? It's just a distraction. We are here because we have a goal to attain." tumaas ang dalawang kilay niya. "Just like Cris Nehood. He's your buddy right? And you almost lose your mind after he dies."

Nangangailaiti ang aking kalooban sa mga sinabi niya. How dare she bring this up to me! I balled my fist and grip it so tight.

"See? That is why I don't do attachment-"

"Is this why you hate me so much?" I interlude. I remained calm despite the anger that is circulating. Why do I have a feeling she has been through a lot to loathe every person? "You hate me because I care? Because I can put on a show in your damn spotlight?" I retorted.

The anger that is building inside of me seems to absorb Reyda's presence because right now she is the one balling her fist tightly.

"There is no spotlight." she walked away without turning back leaving me in this function hall.

The training starts tomorrow and everyone is loaded with their schedules and activities. Sa ayaw at gusto ko ay makakasalamuha ko ang mga taong dapat iniiwasan ko.

"I haven't seen Lupitha since the river side." Ozcar suddenly uttered.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Lunarex. We are trying to create a conversation using our eyes and right now she mirrored my confusion. We are eating our breakfast here near the brink. The early breeze sent shivers down my spine as my eyes darted at Ozcar's.