Chapter 3

"This is the library, the gym is in the second floor," Marcie informed as they walked through the corridors of their college, the next morning, "And this is our classroom." She said opening the door for Sherlynn.

"Hey Marcie, who's that hot chick with you?" A boy shouted from the end of the class as soon as they entered inside.

"Shut up, Themba." Marcie growled at the boy, with long corn rows on his head, whose name Sherlyn now knew was Themba.

"I am sorry, Sherry." Marcie smiled as Sherlynn as they took their seats, "Themba can be obnoxious at times."

"It's okay." Sherlyn smiled. "What class do we have now?"

"Sociology, Professor Ashford's class." Marcie said in a bored tone.

"I see it's not an interesting class." Sherlynn smiled.

"You can say that." Marcie laughed, "Later, I have Geology class, and you have to go to the literature class, which is in the first floor."

"Good Morning class." Professor Ashford greeted as he walked inside th class room dressed elegantly with golden framed glasses sitting on the bridge of his pointed nose.

"I see today we have a new student joining us, class meet Ms. Sherlynn Priestly." Professor Ashford introduced Sherlyn to the class.

The class went smoothly as Professor Ashford explained about the principles of sociology, and stuff. Contrary to what Marcie said she felt Mr. Ashford's class interesting.

"I will meet you in the parking lot." Marcie said to Sherlynn as they parted their ways to attend the next class.

Sherlynn followed Marcie's instructions and reached the literature class in the first floor, the students were busy speaking with eachother. Sherlynn silently walked to the end of the class, where she found an empty spot.

"Hi, are you the new exchange student?" The boy, beside whom Sherlyn sat asked her.

"Yes, My name is Sherlyn Priestly." Sherlynn introduced herself to the boy, with thick rimmed glasses and pile of books spread over his desk.

"Nice meeting you, Sherlyn. My name is Nicholas Roy, you can call me Nick." He introduced with a cute smile.

As the class progressed, Sherlyn got to know Nicholas is the topper of the class that year and is a teacher's pet, the first one she got to know from the other classmates and the latter one she figured out, as Professor Luciana Philips spent the last ten minutes of the class praising Nicholas.

"So class, as I informed in the last class, I want your assignments on my desk by Thursday." Professor Luciana said, "Ms. Priestly is the only exception." She said looking at Sherlyn.

"I want your assignment to be submitted by the end of this week, Ms. Priestly, you can take help from Mr.Roy there." Professor Luciana said as the students began to exit the room.

Thankfully it was lunch break, which gave Sherlyn time to copy the important notes from Nicholas.

"If you don't mind, will you help me with the assignment?" Sherlyn requested Nicholas as they walked in the corridors.

"Sure." Nicholas said, "I will help you."

"Thank you, Nicholas." Sherlynn smiled as they walked towards the canteen.

"What class do you have next?" Nicholas asked as they walked together. "Let me see your roster."

"Great, we have most of the classes together, except for Sociology." Nicholas said as he returned the roster to Sherlyn.

"It hasn't even been 4 hours since I entered the college, I already have a lot of stuff to do." Sherlynn sighed as she scribbled the notes.

"Don't worry, you will get through it." Nicholas assured, "How about you come over to my apartment, that way I can complete my assignment and help you with yours?"

"Sounds like a plan." Sherlyn said as they exchanged their phone numbers.

"I will text you the time and address." Nicholas said hanging the bag over his shoulder, as they walked to the next class.

"Hey Sherry, wanna go out to Rosalie's frat party this evening?" Marcie asked as they walked to the parking lot.

"Sorry, I have plans with Nicholas." Sherlyn informed.

"Woohoo... First day of the college and you are already hanging out with a boy." Marcie teased.

"Shut up, Marcie." Sherlyn swatted Marcie's arm, "We are studying at his apartment." She clarified.

"Whatever you say." Marcie laughed, "By the way, Roy is a good catch, shy one but cute."

"What about this frat party, that you are attending?"

"Just some weed and wine, Johan wants to go, so I am accompanying him." Marcie said as she walked towards her car.

Sherlyn was waiting in the parking lot for Marcie to get her car, when she saw Ardeth leaning against his Black Porsche, puffing out the smoke, looking in her direction.

"Sherry..." Marcie called out making Sherlyn rush.

"201 A... 201B..." Sherlynn read out the numbers on the doors as she walked in the corridors finding Nicholas's apartment.

"204 D, this is the one." Sherlyn smiled in relief standing infront of the door, adjusting her turtle neck sweater over her jeans.

Before she could knock on the door, the door opened from the other side revealing Ardeth, who stood leaning against the door frame with his grey sweat pants hanging low on his hips, the black shirt was left unbuttoned revealing his well-toned body.

"Enjoying the view?" Ardeth asked Sherlyn with a stupid smirk on his face."You want to see more?" He asked toying with the elastic band of his pants.

"No..." Sherlyn shouted in horror, making Ardeth let out a deep throaty laugh.

"Who is that babe?" The girl, whom Sherlyn recognised as Brianna from the Sociology class asked standing behind Ardeth, dressed in skimpy clothes, her hair was a mess.

"No one important." Ardeth answered as he pulled Brianna against him by her waist, the girl didn't waste a second, as she started shamelessly grinding him, not even bothering about the presence of Sherlyn.

Sherlynn turned away in embarassment as her cheeks flushed, she began to rummage her handbag to find her phone to call Nicholas.

"Sherry?" Nicholas called making her turn around.

"Nick." Sherlyn let out an audible sigh of relief as she found Nicholas standing beside the couple, who was making out by the door.

"Please come on in." Nicholas invited as he opened the door wide for Sherlyn to get inside.

Sherlyn followed Nicholas inside the apartment, not daring to look at Ardeth, who had Brianna pinned to the wall.