Chapter 54

"Hey babe." Ardeth hugged Sherlyn as she opened the door. "I brought flowers for you."

"Thank you, they are so lovely." Sherlyn said looking at the roses.

"And here is another bouquet." Ardeth said giving the Tulips, "These are from James."

"I love them." Sherlyn smiled, "You met Pa?"

"Yes, I saw him near the flower shop, he asked me to give those flowers to you." Ardeth said walking inside the kitchen.

"That's so nice of him." Sherlyn said taking out the vase to arrange the flowers, "I think I should call and thank him." She said pulling out the phone.

"No..." Ardeth said pulling away her phone.

"What happened?" Sherlyn asked confused.

"Umm... I am hungry, I will order Pizza from your phone, mine ranout of charging."

"You can order after I thank Pa, it would be rude if I didn't." Sherlyn said trying to take the phone from Ardeth.

"Ahhh...." Ardeth cried while holding his stomach.

"Ardeth, what happened?" Sherlyn said rushing to his side. "I have a stomach ache, maybe because I am famished." He gasped.

"Sorry, I will order food for you, come rest on the couch." Sherlyn said as she helped Ardeth onto the couch.

"Thank you, please get me some water, while I order food." Ardeth said weakly.

"Sure." Sherlyn said walking inside the kitchen.

Ardeth sat straight in the couch, and pulled out his phone.

"Hey James, how's everything?"

"Groovy! Don't tell Pumpkin, I want to surprise her."

"I got it, enjoy your time ;)"

"Did you order the food?" Sherlyn asked walking inside the living room."

Ardeth nodded.

"Babe, wake up." Sherlyn shook Ardeth as she heard the door bell go away.

"Let me sleep." Ardeth said pulling the blanket over his head.

"Ardeth, wake up!" Sherlyn shook him.

"Is the baby coming?" Ardeth asked as he sat up on the bed with a jolt.

"No." Sherlyn shook her head.

"Then why did you wake me up?" Ardeth frowned.

"Someone's at the door." Sherlyn said as they heard the door bell ring again.

"Who could be visiting us in these early hours of the morning?" Ardeth mumbled pulling on his pants as he dragged his feet towards the door.

"Early hours? It's 9 in the morning." Sherlyn said tying up her hair.

"It's early." Ardeth mumbled walking out of the room.

"Mr.Scott?" Ardeth said surprised finding Daniel Scott at his door.

"Sorry to disturb you at this early hour, I wanted to speak with you." Daniel said.

"Please come inside." Ardeth said as he guided Daniel to the living room.

"Would you to have some coffee or tea?" Ardeth asked trying to break the awkward silence.

"No, thank you. I am good." Daniel said, "I thought about my behaviour towards you, and I realised I had been rude to you, I came here to apologise."