Chapter 40

"Hey mate." Collin fist bumped with Ardeth as soon as he opened the door.

"Where is Nick?" Ardeth asked walking inside the home.

"He is in the shower." Collin informed plopping on the recliner holding the remote in his hand. "So, how is the baby?"

"Cute and healthy." Ardeth smiled. "I already love the baby."

"Aww... You gonna be a great father." Collin smiled.

"Thank you, Collin."

"So, did you tell Sherlyn that they are in talks of not including you in next match also?" Collin asked carefully.

"No, she was happy today after seeing our baby for the first time, I don't want to spoil her mood." Ardeth sighed.

"I hope for you to make a come back." Collin wished.

"I am trying my best, but I don't know what's wrong with me." Ardeth said running his hands through his hair. "On top of it, that Professor Asshole is poking his long nose into the game, persuading the selectors to drop me."

"I don't know what his problem is." Collin rolled his eyes. "Why he is doing this to you."

"Because he is a fucking asshole, who can't beat my ass, so he is whoring around to find someone else to fuck me." Ardeth growled, "Limp dick."

"We all stand with you, Ardeth, even Coach Broughton said that he will never let the selectors to drop you." Collin consoled.

"Thank you Collin, I really appreciate that but If they drop me out, I am going to loose my scholarship, things are going to get difficult."

"No matter what happens we will stand with you, Ardeth." Nick said walking inside the living room.

"Yes, Nick and I, infact the whole Soccer team will stand with you." Collin nodded.

"Thank you for being so kind." Ardeth smiled.

"Ardeth is becoming a softie." Nick commented."Is it the baby or the baby Mama, mellowing you down?"

"Fuck off, Roy." Ardeth scowled and threw the pillow at Nick, making him laugh.

"I going to get beer, who wants one." Nick asked walking on inside the kitchen.

"Can you get me an Chocolate icecream with some extra chocolate sauce on it?"

"Anything else?" Ardeth asked.

"Umm... I am craving for some Cheeseburgers."

"We will buy some at the drive thru, okay?" Ardeth said.

"Okay." Sherlyn smiled.

"Here's your icecream." Ardeth said handing her the icecream cup.

"Thank you, you are the best boyfriend." Sherlyn pecked his lips, and started digging into the icecream.

Ardeth shook his head smiling and began to drive the car.

"What are we going to do today?" Sherlyn asked eating the icecream.

"I have a practice match today, even though I don't know whether I would make into the finalists lists, Coach Broughton wants me to play the practice game so, that I don't loose the form." Ardeth informed.

"You will make a comeback, don't give up." Sherlyn said holding his hand, that's on the gear.

"Thank you." Ardeth said linking his fingers with Sherlyn's and pulling her hand to kiss.

"We can go to Marianne's cafe after the match okay? Till then eat the burgers and these snacks." Ardeth said kissing Sherlyn's nose.

"Okay, you should go now." Sherlyn smiled as she watched Ardeth's team mates shouting for him, from the field.