Chapter 57

"Sky." Nick called as he walked towards Ardeth, in the Soccer court.

"What's up, Roy." Ardeth said walking towards Nick.

"You got a letter, since your new address isn't updated this is delivered to my apartment." Nick said taking out an envelope and waving it.

"I wonder what it is about?" Ardeth said tearing open the envelope.

"What is it about?" Nick asked watching Ardeth fist his hands in anger as he read the letter.

"My father." Ardeth said folding the letter.

"What about him?" Nick frowned.

"After I left the home, that bastard allegedly set his own factory on fire to claim the insurance money, which cost the lives of workers. And someone found the evidence against him and sued him. Tristan was also accused since he was a part of the company then, they have summoned me to appear in the court, to investigate the same."

"That sounds bad, what are you going to do now?"

"Appear in the court, whatelse?" Ardeth shrugged. "When I didn't do anything wrong, what's there to be afraid of."

Nick nodded.

"Hey Pumpkin." James hugged Sherlyn kissing her forehead. "How's my grandbaby doing?"

"She is taken after her Dad, she is practicing Soccer in my tummy." Sherlyn joked as she rubbed her tummy.

"I remember the times when I used to feel you kick from your mother's tummy." James smiled, "It was magical, and how time flies, I miss her."

"I miss her too, Pa." Sherlyn said.

"Where is Ardeth?" James asked as he poured a fresh glass of juice for Sherlyn.

"Here I am." Ardeth said walking through the door carrying over night bags on his shoulder and in his hands.

"How's the practice going?" James inquired passing a glass of juice to Ardeth.

"Dan is an amazing coach." Ardeth smiled, "How is things going at your end?" He asked slyly looking towards Elizabeth's home.

"Well... Things are going slow and steady, but I have my hopes up about succeeding." James grinned, "Besides I am good at this game, just that I didn't find a good reason to showcase my skills." He said proudly.

"What game are you two talking about?" Sherlyn asked confused.

James and Ardeth looked at eachother.

"James is talking about the billiards he was playing with your Uncle Preston." Ardeth answered, "Isn't it, James?"

"Yes, Pumpkin." James nodded, "Would you like to have some snacks? Or the dinner is almost ready."

"I will have the dinner, Pa. Save the snacks, I wake up hungry at midnight." Sherlyn said walking towards the kitchen.

"Speed up your game, James. I am wishing for a grandma to my Nugget." Ardeth joked.

"I am trying my best." James smiled, and continued. "So, you have to show up at the court tomorrow?"

"Seems so." Ardeth shrugged.

"Stay strong, everything will be fine." James said patting Ardeth's shoulder.

Ardeth nodded.

"Are you guys joining me for dinner?" Sherlyn shouted from the dinner table.

"Yes." Ardeth and James answered in unison as they made their way towards the dining table.