Chapter 10

"You are coming to Soccer practice with me." Ardeth announced.

"Sorry sir; No." Sherlyn deadpanned.

"Why?" Ardeth frowned.

"You asking me why!" Sherlyn threw her hands up in air in exasperation. "Because of you I missed classes for five alternative days!"

"So what? Because of you I sat through the boring classes for the other five alternative days!" Ardeth argued.

"I can't put up with you, I came to Soccer practice yesterday, I missed my classes, today I have to attend them to catch up with the lessons." Sherlyn said, "If you want you can join me."

"Why can't you come to practice with me?" Ardeth scrunched his face.

"I have to write assignments, for Nick and I. Besides I have nothing to do there except to sit and watch you guys play." Sherlyn explained.

"Fine." Ardeth scowled.

"Are you coming to class with me?" Sherlyn questioned.

"No, I have Soccer tournament next week, have to practice hard, it's an important match." Ardeth informed.

"Okay, I have to go now."

"I can't do anything to change your mind?" Ardeth asked making puppy eyes.

"Just go away." Sherlyn laughed.

"Sherry?" A familiar voice called from behind making Sherlyn spin around.

"Nick!" Sherlyn exclaimed and sprinted towards Nicholas Roy.

"Sorry, excuse me." Sherlyn apologized to the guy, whom she ran into making his things fall as she happily ran towards Nicholas, "How are you?" Sherlyn beamed in happiness of seeing her friend after ten whole days, since he went to stay at his parents.

"Handsome as ever." Nicholas grinned. "I missed you." He wrapped his arms around Sherlyn in a bear hug.

"I missed you too Roy." Ardeth said as he pulled away Sherlyn from Nicholas by holding her backpack, and wrapped his arms around Nicholas.

"We met eachother just an hour ago in the apartment!" Nicholas said as he shoved back Ardeth, "I missed you in the college, Roy." Ardeth said making Nicholas roll his eyes.

"Come on, Sherry, we are getting late for the literature class." Nicholas hurried towards the class pulling Sherlyn with him.

"What's cooking between you and Ardeth?" Nicholas nudged Sherlyn as Professor Luciana was explaining Shakespeare poetry.

"Nothing." Sherlyn answered as she continued to listen the lecture.

"Liar, liar, pants on fire." Nicholas sang, "I can see stars twinkling in Sky's eyes, when he was looking at you."

"How hard did you hit your head?" Sherlyn whisper shouted.

"Very hard that I am seeing things that I never thought I would see." Nicholas whispered back. "What happened in just ten days of my absence?" He wondered.

"You are seeing things." Sherlyn hissed.

"You are in denial." Nicholas sang.

"Shut up!" Sherlyn elbowed into Nicholas's stomach.

"Ouch! You..."

"Ms. Priestly and Mr. Roy." Professor Luciana called making them stop their banter, "Out of my class now!"

"Sorry Professor." Nicholas and Sherlyn mumbled as they walked out of the class.

"For once in a while I was attending the class in peace and your ruined it." Sherlyn scolded Nicholas as they walked towards the cafeteria.