Chapter 51

Sitting in the isolated, dark corner of the garage, Ardeth let his angry tears flow down, as he remembered Tristan's words.

He was a failure, he could never give his baby the luxury and comfort like Tristan's kid. He lost his form, and he wasn't able to get back to the game, even after trying hard. Everything was falling apart infront of his eyes, and all he could do was watch it helplessly, he failed as a sportsman, boyfriend, and a father.

"It's 11PM." Ardeth looked up to find the source of the voice that interrupted his thoughts.

"Mr.Scott." Ardeth said standing up from his place, as he saw the recluse owner of the garage infront of him.

"The garage closes at 9PM, why are you still here?" Mr.Scott asked in his usual annoyed voice.

"I am sorry, I didn't know where else to go." Ardeth said stepping into the light.

"Follow me." Mr.Scott said as he walked towards his room in the corner, and Ardeth followed him.

"Coke?" Mr.Scott said passing the diet coke towards Ardeth.

"What's the matter?" Mr.Scott asked Ardeth, pulling the chair and sitting opposite to him.

Ardeth looked at him confused.

"You seemed to be going through a lot of things, and I can clearly see the signs of depression in you. If you want to share, I am all ears." He said sipping on his beer.

"You are a stranger to me." Ardeth frowned.

"Strangers don't judge you."

Ardeth sighed, and began to speak out the things happening in his life lately, while Mr.Scott sat and listened silently.

"I don't know what to do, I am a failure, I lost my form, my game, I don't want to lose Sherlyn and my baby, I don't want them to see me as a failure. I can't bear that." Ardeth cried.

"Is there anything that I can do for you?" Mr.Scott asked calmly.

"No, thanks for hearing me out, I feel light, now that I spoke out my problems." Ardeth thanked Scott, "Even though I don't know my next step, for now I am feeling light, thank you."

"You are welcome, and I am happy seeing the way you are priortising your family, even though you are worried about the game." Mr.Scott said with a forlorn look, "I hope I had been like you."

"What does that mean? Are you a soccer player?" Ardeth asked.

"I was." Mr.Scott let out a sad smile as he gulped down the beer, "I used to be like you, passionate about the game, hungry for success. In between that I neglected my family, I was so busy running behind my success, that I was forgot that I want running away from my family, I didn't realise it until..." He choked as tears strung his eyes, "I lost my baby." He rasped.

"Is that's why you left the game?"

"Yes, I couldn't play the game after I realised my incorrigible mistake." Mr.Scott said taking in a deep breath, "I am saying this to you, so that you don't make a mistake like me, it's okay to fail, game is a part of the life, the people, who cheer for your success or the same people who look down at you, when you fail, but family is the only thing that sticks with you in your ups and downs, take care of your family."

"I will." Ardeth nodded.

"Feel free to knock my door, at anytime, if you want to speak about your depressions again or need any help." Mr.Scott slurred before he passed out of the couch.

"Mr.Scott... Mr. Scott..." Ardeth shook Mr.Scott, in an attempt to wake him up, he has no idea whether he should leave, leaving Mr.Scott on his own, or he should drop him at his home.