Chapter 32

Sherlyn groaned in her sleep as her phone ringtone blared somewhere under the blankets.

"Hello..." Sherlyn said sleepily.

"Sherry." Nick's panicked voice made Sherlyn's eyes snap open.

"Nick? What happened?" Sherlyn asked sitting straight on her bed.

"Collin said that Ardeth's name was dropped from the players list of upcoming tournament, and Ardeth left the home furious, he hasn't returned yet, and his phone is turned off." Nick rambled.

"How long has it been since he left?" Sherlyn asked her heart thudding against her chest.

"It's been over half an hour."

"Did you call and enquire with the guys at the ring?"

"No one's taking the calls." Nick said, "I am thinking to go out and search..."

"Nick, wait a minute." Sherlyn said as she heard some shuffling near her balcony.

Sherlyn took some careful steps towards her balcony.

"Let me go you shit fucking bitch." Ardeth growled holding the railing.

"Ardeth?" Sherlyn furrowed her brows.

"Hey Sherlyn." Ardeth greeted as he kicked the wayward branch of the neighborhood tree that was holding his shirt.

"What are you doing?" Sherlyn whisper yelled.

"As you can see I am trying to climb this motherfucking wall, and this bitch of a branch is behaving like a cheap roadside whore, not getting it's hands off me." Ardeth complained kicking the branch.

"Let me help you." Sherlyn said as she helped him climb the railing.

"Thank you." Ardeth said jumping inside her room.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" Sherlyn asked looking at Ardeth.

"You made me promise that I wouldn't visit the ring, and I didn't know where else to go." Ardeth shrugged.

"Sherry? Are you there?" Nick asked from the other side of the phone.

"It's Nick, he was worried about you." Sherlyn informed.

"Hey Roy." Ardeth answered the call taking the phone from Sherlyn. "I am at Sherlyn's home."

"Ardeth?" Nick asked, "Stop scaring the shit out of me you bastard." He shouted.

"I am sorry." Ardeth apologized.

"You better be." Nick huffed. "Are you crashing at Sherlyn's home?"

"Yes."

"Fine, Collin is coming over don't ruin the party for me walking over half way." Nick informed and disconnected the call.

"You scared us." Sherlyn huffed.

"I am sorry." Ardeth said pulling Sherlyn closer to him by her hand, "Johan informed me that selectors dropped my name from the finalists list and I was furious, I didn't know where to go, I was driving along the roads, and found myself infront of your home."

"I thought you went to ring." Sherlyn mumbled.

"I promised you I wouldn't go there, I don't want to break the promise." Ardeth reminded.

"Thank you, for not going there and coming here." Sherlyn smiled. "Did you have your dinner?"

"I drank some beer, and smoked cigarettes apart from that I didn't' have anything." Ardeth answered.