Chapter 15

"I am so excited." Nicholas announced as they made their way to their seats in the stands, as the match was about to commence in a few minutes.

"I hope we win the cup." Sherlyn crossed her fingers.

"Where is Marcie?" Nick asked gesturing at the empty seat beside them.

"She went to meet Johan."

"I think we too should go there to wish Ardeth before the match." Nick said.

"Right, come let's go." Sherlyn said and hurried towards the dressing rooms.

"Wait for me." Nicholas said as he tried to catch up with Sherlyn.

"Ardeth..." Sherlyn called out as she ran towards him in the hallways.

"What are you doing here?" Ardeth asked, amused as he held and stopped her, as she came dashing in his direction.

"Oh, we thought of wishing you luck before the match begins." Sherlyn smiled after taking a deep breathe. "Are you feeling nervous?"

"Umm... A little." Ardeth said gesturing with his thumb and index finger.

"Don't be I know your team is going to win." Sherlyn said confidently, "You guys have been working hard."

"Thank you." Ardeth smiled, "I should go and get ready." He said pointing towards the dressing rooms.

"Okay." Sherlyn said shifting on her feet.

"You want to say something?" Ardeth asked raising his brow.

Sherlyn looked around, and standing on her tiptoes she pecked Ardeth on his lips. Before she could let go, Ardeth wrapped his arm around her waist deepened the kiss, as he pressed her against the wall.

"Is this is what I think it is?" Ardeth whispered as he peppered kisses on the hickey that he left on her neck the last night.

Sherlyn blushed nodding her head.

"God..." Ardeth groaned as he kissed Sherlyn once again, before he jumped back. "Excuse me, I need a shower." He said and ran inside the showers.

"Hey Sherry, where's Ardeth?" Nick, who came after Sherlyn, asked looking around.

"He went to take a shower." Sherlyn answered looking confused.

"Why is he taking a shower before the match, isn't it is something they do after the match?" Nick asked looking equally confused.

Sherlyn shrugged.

"Let's go but some snacks, and wait in the stands then." Nick said as he led Sherlyn to the snacks counter.

"Spill." Nick said as they watched Johan and the other captain shake their hands after the toss.

"What?" Sherlyn asked perplexed.

"What's going between you and Ardeth?" Nick raised a brow. "Don't even dare to lie, because my boy is looking at you like he got stars instead of irises."

Sherlyn looked away biting her lower lip.

"I am waiting." Nick said tapping his foot.

"We kinda... Kissed..." Sherlyn said the last part almost inaudibly, but Nick heard it anyway.

"I know..." Nick said fisting into the air, "I know there is something going between you two."  He said after Sherlyn spilled the details.

"Are you angry?" Sherlyn asked nervously.

"Why would I be, my two best friends are seeing eachother, isn't it is a thing to celebrate?" Nick laughed. "Wow! I am so happy." He said throwing his hand over Sherlyn and pulling her for a side hug.