Chapter 47

"Are you ready?" Ardeth asked holding a party popper in his hand.

"Ready to runaway? Yes." Johan said standing in the beach, amidst of the decorations, as they waited for Marcie. "I am already feeling all types of jitters, what if she says no."

"Don't be sissy." Ardeth rolled his eyes. "You both had been so lovey dovey all these years and do you think she would say No?"

"Well, we can't be sure with anything related to Marcie, she can be very spontaneous." Johan smiled nervously. "You won't understand until you step into my shoes."

"Okay guys, Sherlyn messaged me, they are five minutes away now." Nick announced walking towards Johan and Ardeth, with Collin.

"Make sure, you don't pass out by then." Ardeth joked earning a whack from Nick.

"Don't make fun of the poor guy." Nick scolded, "He is already tensed."

"Woah! Collin your guy is going gaga over Johan now. Watch out." Ardeth said making Collin shake his head in amusement.

"Okay boys, here they come." Collin announced stopping the bickering between the boys.

"All the best, JoJo." Nick said as he took his position.

"Try not to ramble." Ardeth whispered.

"Oh, come on Sherry, seriously!" Marcie groaned as they neared the beach. "You drove me around for an hour for a simple corn on cob!!"

"I am sorry, I am craving for this particular one they make here." Sherlyn smiled sheepishly.

"That little niece or nephew of mine, already knows how to have there way around with people." Marcie said getting down the car.

"I am sure you are going to enjoy this trip." Sherlyn said as the walked towards the beach.

"Yea, only if you had informed me about this plan earlier, I would have brought my new floral one piece bikini, and showed off my hot ass to the guys." Marcie said, "Sorry guys, no luck for you today! Pretty mama was in a hurry." She said looking at the guys, who were leaning in the cars drinking coke.

"Seriously Marcie." Sherlyn laughed.

"That guy in middle looks hot, did you see his V." Marcie gushed.

"No." Sherlyn shook her head, "Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"I do have, but hey, one should admire the beauty around." Marcie winked making Sherlyn shake her head in disbelief.

"Sherry, I think the corn on cob house is in the right part of the beach." Marcie said as Sherlyn guided her away from the busy part of the beach.

"No, it's on left." Sherlyn said hoping Marcie doesn't ask any more questions.

It was already difficult for her to answer the questions she was asking throughout the ride.

"I still wonder why the boyfriend of yours fought with you over a corn on cob. It's not like you are asking for a corn on cob along with the person making it. Weirdo." Marcie mumbled and frowned as she saw Johan.

"Johan?" Marcie called out looking at Johan, who was standing in the middle of the beach shifting on his feet.

"Hey Marcie." Johan smiled nervously as he approached them.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at your grandma's home?"

"No, I lied to you."

"But why?" Marcie questioned.

"Please, don't kick me." Johan said as he pulled out the ring out of his pocket, and went down on a knee, taking Marcie by surprise.

"Marcie, I wrote down a big speech on the paper and practice it for a week to tell you how special you are to me and hiw blessed I am to have you in my life, but now when I have you infront of me, just like everytime I am going speechless, I couldn't remember a word I read, because I am too mesmerized to think of anything else other than you, when you are around. And I don't regret it. I started loving you from the very first time I saw you at Maggie's party kicking some guys ass, and never stopped loving you since then, I don't ever want to stop loving you, or being in your side." Johan said taking a deep breath.

"Marcellina Renne Jones, will you marry me?" Johan breathed out holding the ring.

"Are you serious!" Marcie exclaimed, "Yes, I will marry you."

"Thank you." Johan grinned as he slipped the ring, and pulled Marcie into a kiss.

"I am so happy for them." Sherlyn cried hugging Ardeth, as she watched Marcie and Johan kiss eachother.

"He was shit scared that Merlin would say no to him." Ardeth smiled.

"Merlin? Her name is Marcie." Sherlyn smacked his arm sniffing. "Atleast don't call her by a wrong name on her special day." She frowned.

"Okay, I am sorry." Ardeth apologized as they walked towards the couple.

"Congratulations Jojo and Marcie." Nick congratulated.

"Congrats Marcie and Johan."

"Congrats Johan and Marcie." Ardeth and Sherlyn greeted in unison.

"Thank you guys for making this day memorable for us." Johan and Marcie thanked.

"I am going to Soccer practice." Ardeth informed Sherlyn, standing in the corridors of the college.

"Call me if you need me, I will be in the library with Nick." Sherlyn said.

"Okay, take care." Ardeth kissed her cheek and walked away towards the Soccer court.

"Yo, baby mama." Nick said wrapping his hand around Sherlyn's shoulder, "When you gonna tell me whether I am going to have a nephew or niece." He said as they walked towards the library.

"We have an appointment with Dr.White, this weekend." Sherlyn informed.

"I am so excited." Nick smiled, "Where are we going?"

"To the library." Sherlyn stated.

"Can't we change the plans and go to canteen or Soccer court?" Nick asked.

"Did you forget that our semesters are going to start from Monday?" Sherlyn questioned.

"I do remember now." Nick sighed and walked towards the library. "I hope I get more marks in literature than last time."

"How much marks did you score last time?" Sherlyn asked as she searched the aisles for books.

"98/100." Nick sighed sadly.

"Don't worry, Nick." Sherlyn consoled, "I hope you get 100 this time or atleast 99."

"Thank you." Nick smiled. "I hope you get 100 too."

"I hope so too." Sherlyn crossed her fingers, after dropping the books on the corner table.

"I have to write notes for Collin too." Nick said taking out the book from his bag.

"I am writing notes for Ardeth, if you want, you can take a photocopy for Collin."

"That would be great, I can share the Sociology notes for Ardeth." Nick returned the favor. "I hope he gets through the exam, he passed the last semester with a luck of 1 point difference from getting failed."

"If not for his Soccer scholarship, I don't think he would ever be interested to give an exam or come to the college."

"I know right." Nick agreed. "But I must say he has good attendance percentage than last semester, thanks to you."

Sherlyn grinned.