Chapter 16

"Come." Ardeth said as he opened the door for Sherlyn.

"Where are we?" Sherlyn asked looking around the surroundings, except for the extent of land that she could see in the light of Ardeth's car's headlights, everything was faint and dark. With the moonlight shining above, she could see the silhouettes of the trees dancing to the winds like witches in dark, making her move closer to Ardeth.

"You will enjoy it, trust me." Ardeth said as he walked her with him.

"This is so beautiful..." Sherlyn said as she watched the sky, standing at the top of the cliff with Ardeth. The cliff over looked the beautiful suburbs, and forests surrounding them, creating a beautiful scenery.

"I know right." Ardeth said as he sat down at the edge of the cliff.

Sherlyn sat down beside Ardeth, as they watched the moonlit sky and stars in a pleasant silence.

"My mother ran away with her lover, when I was a kid." Ardeth said looking at the horizon.

Sherlyn turned her head to look at Ardeth surprised but she decided to keep her calm, and listen.

"I was young, and I had no idea of what was happening, even though Tristan tried his best to explain me." Ardeth let out a painful smile. "My father was the kind of person, who counts everything with money, he was always holed up in his office, and I was raised by the caretakers. They gave everything I want, except the thing I craved for; Love and attention. A person who can listen to me and support me, assure me and celebrate with me."

Sherlyn held Ardeth's hand as his eyes turned moist.

"I was passionate about Soccer, and wanted to build my career as a professional Soccer player. When I told my father, he laughed and warned me not to dream of silly things, since he wanted me to join his business. He said I should be his good son and obey him. I left my home as soon as I turned eighteen, did odd jobs to support myself for an year, trying hard to make the ends meet, life was tough. It was Nick's parents, who gave me a loan, so that I could join the college."

"I started college, I drank, got wasted, fucked girls, and did all the things that I am not proud of, but unfortunately they are a part of me." Ardeth sighed.

"What about your brother?" Sherlyn asked.

"Tristan is the ideal son that I never was to my father, he is helping my father in his business." Ardeth answered.

"You are not a bad boy." Sherlyn said looking at Ardeth, as her brown hair swayed gently to the beats of winds. "You are good boy, who did bad things. Everyone has a right to lead their life on their own terms, people make mistakes but not everyone can accept their faults."

"Thank you." Ardeth smiled.

"Do you come here often?" Sherlyn asked looking at the sky.

"Sometimes when I wanted to be alone."

"Then why did you bring me here?"

"Because I don't want to be alone." Ardeth said, "Anymore." He whispered to himself.

"It's so nice here," Sherlyn said taking a deep breath closing her eyes, "The fresh unpolluted air..." She opened her eyes and saw Ardeth trying to light the cigarette, he was holding between his lips.

Sherlyn scrunched her face, Ardeth sighed, and pushed the cigarette inside his pocket.

"Thank you." Sherlyn kissed his cheek and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Ardeth wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him as they silently watched the star lit sky together.

"Johan is throwing a party at his farm house this weekend." Ardeth said as they drove back to the city.