Chapter 22

"Pumpkin?" James Priestly knocked on Sherlyn's room door.

"Yes, Pa." Sherlyn answered wiping her tears away.

"Are you okay there Princess? You didn't come down ever since you returned from college." James asked standing on the otherside of the door.

"I am fine Pa, just a little headache, will be down in a minute." Sherlyn said as she threw her hair into a messy bun.

"Okay, I made some Choco chip cookies for you." James informed. "Hurry up if you don't want to miss them."

Sherlyn shook her head and headed to the bathroom to wash her tear strained face. Nick didn't ask her anything regarding her fight with Ardeth, for which she felt grateful. She was livid about Ardeth, more than that she was hurt, how could he accuse her just like that, doesn't he know about her? Did he think she is the same as Brianna and the other girls he had been with? Sherlyn began to experience a sharp headache, the more she thought about him.

She decided not to think about Ardeth, as she headed down the stairs.

"Pa?" Sherlyn called as she didn't find James in the kitchen.

"I am here." James called from the backyard.

"What are you doing here, Pa?" Sherlyn asked walking towards her father.

"What does it look like?" James asked as he poked the firewood, as he started a bonfire. "Sit down." James said gesturing at the chair infront of him.

"It's warm here." Sherlyn said taking the glass of milk and Cookies her father handed her.

"Do you want more milk?" James asked as he stirred himself a cup of coffee.

"I am good, thank you." Sherlyn said as she began to munch on the Choco chip cookies dipped in warm milk.

"What's the matter, Pumpkin?" James asked adjusting the glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose.

"Nothing Pa." Sherlyn shrugged.

"I have been seeing you ever since the midwife placed you in my arms wrapped in a pink towel, so, think twice before you lie to me." James said making Sherlyn look down with embarassment.

True she has always been a Papa's girl and her father knows her better than anyone else, but never had she spoke to her father regarding boys or stuff.

"You know, you can always speak with me about anything, Pumpkin." James said warmly. "I can see something is bothering you."

"It's nothing, Pa."

"Fine then, if you say so." James said and began to sip on his cup of coffee, but Sherlyn felt bad for lying to her father.

"Pa." Sherlyn called after a few minutes.

"Yes, Pumpkin." James nodded, as he poked the fire.

"I have this friend, who is very good friends with a boy." Sherlyn started, and James paid his full attention nodding his head to go ahead. "And then suddenly the boy accused her, and hurt the other boy, with whom she was having a conversation with. He is wrong isn't he?"

"Did you notice the scar on your Uncle Preston's eyebrow?" James asked placing the cup on the table.

"Yes." Sherlyn asked confused. She vividly remembered the big scar on her Uncle Preston's face, infact that was the first thing anyone would notice about him in their first meet, since it is sitting on his left eyebrow.

"Ever wondered where he got it from?" James asked and Sherlyn shook her head in no.

"It was me, who gave it to him." James smiled taking Sherlyn by surprise. Never did she take her father as someone who can hurt others.