Chapter 36

"Pumpkin, are you ok?" James asked tapping on her room's door.

"I am fine, Papa." Sherlyn answered as she turned around to throw up again.

"I heard you running, so I was worried." James explained.

"I was in a hurry to go to college." Sherlyn answered.

"Okay, the breakfast is ready." James said and Sherlyn splashed water on her face standing infront of the mirror.

She raised her T-shirt and looked at the still flat abdomen.

"I couldn't believe that there is a baby in here." Sherlyn said rubbing her hand over her abdomen.

Her phone rang loudly making her rush back into her room.

"Hello Ardeth." Sherlyn spoke.

"Hey Sherlyn, How are you feeling today?" Ardeth asked concerned.

Sherlyn lied to him that she wasn't feeling well the last day, and skipped the college.

"I am feeling good." Sherlyn replied, "I came back from Marcie's home just this morning." She lied further.

"Okay, I will pick you up near your home in twenty minutes." Ardeth informed.

"No." Sherlyn shook her head, "Marcie is here, she is driving me to the college." Sherlyn said not wanting him to see her fall sick, and get suspicious. She wasn't ready to tell him about the baby yet.

"Okay, I will see you at the college."

"When are you telling him?" Marcie asked as she drove them into the college parking lot.

"I am still shocked with my pregnancy, I have to come to peace with myself, before I can tell anything to Ardeth." Sherlyn said, "I want to figure out, what I wanted to do with the baby."

"Are you thinking of abortion?" Marcie asked carefully.

"I for sure can't do that." Sherlyn shook her head, "I can't think of killing a innocent life."

"Good." Marcie smiled, "Talk with Ardeth, and figure out what to do further." She said nodding towards Ardeth, who was leaning against his car, looking in Sherlyn's direction.

Sherlyn nodded and walked towards Ardeth.

"You look a bit off-colour." Ardeth pecked Sherlyn's lips.

"Just some weakness, I will be fine." Sherlyn assured.

"I am going to Soccer practice." Ardeth informed.

"Okay, I have to study for the exams, I am heading to the library."

"Can we catch some coffee, after the college?" Ardeth asked Sherlyn, making her remember her new found distaste to coffee.

"Umm... I have plans with Marcie." Sherlyn said nervously, "We are planning for group study, I can't come with you."

"It's just a coffee." Ardeth requested.

"Sorry, Ardeth but I promised Marcie." Sherlyn shook her head in No.

"Okay, I love you." Ardeth kissed her forehead.

"Me too." Sherlyn replied.

"Hey Sherry, are you following some weightloss plan?" Nick asked sitting beside Sherlyn in the cafeteria.

"No, why did you ask so?"

"You have been eating only fruits, and you lost weight." Nick stated as he eyed the fruit slices on Sherlyn's plate.

"That..." Sherlyn trailed off not knowing what to answer. True she was eating nothing but fruits from past two days, since every other thing made her want to throw up, so she stuck to the safest option.