Chapter 42

"The doctor said we can get to know the gender of the baby in our next appointment." Sherlyn exclaimed as they walked out of the hospital.

"I can't wait to see Nugget again." Ardeth said opening the car door for Sherlyn.

"Marcie and Amelia are planning for a gender reveal party." Sherlyn smiled. "Marcie is so excited to know whether she is going to have a niece or nephew."

"That's so nice of them." Ardeth smiled driving the car.

"Since Johan will be joining the university this year, Marcie is already feeling sad."

"Johan feels the same too, he is worrying about leaving his girl, more than anything else." Ardeth chuckled.

"Do you think I should take a break from studies, after the baby comes?" Sherlyn asked rubbing her little bump.

"The baby will be arriving during winter holidays, you can take a short break and rejoin the college, if you want. I will be there to support you and baby." Ardeth assured.

"What do you think?"

"I think you should continue the studies, I don't want you to waste an educational year. We will take turns and balance the baby and education, if not we can hire a nanny."

"I will think about it." Sherlyn sighed.

"Whatever your decision is I will support you." Ardeth nodded.

"Thank you." Sherlyn smiled.

"Hey, we are going past my home!" Sherlyn exclaimed looking back towards her home.

"I know." Ardeth said as he drove his car.

"Where are we going?" Sherlyn asked as she watched Ardeth drive through her neighbourhood.

"You will know, when we get there." Ardeth winked making Sherlyn groan.

"What can't you tell me?"

"Because I don't want to ruin the surprise." Ardeth laughed making Sherlyn make a face. "Just give me a minute, we are almost there."

"Can you give me a hint?"

"Nope."

"Please..." Sherlyn requested making Ardeth laugh.

"Why don't you see it yourself." Ardeth said stopping his car infront of a house.

"Whose house is this?" Sherlyn asked puzzled as Ardeth opened the door for her to get down.

"It's our home." Ardeth said holding out keys in his palm.

"What?" Sherlyn asked surprised.

"I brought this home for us." Ardeth informed. "I hope you like it." He said nervously.

"Seriously, I love it already." Sherlyn exclaimed as she looked at a simple two storey house.

"Let's go look inside." Ardeth smiled as he walked her towards the door, "Open it." He said giving the keys to her.

"The interiors look so good." Sherlyn said looking at the off white interiors.

It was a simple home with a large living room,  open planned kitchen, which had gliding glass doors opening into a beautiful backyard with white picketing fence surrounding it. The top floor had two ensuite bedrooms.

"When did you buy it?" Sherlyn asked as they walked inside the master bedroom.

"A week ago." Ardeth answered, "I wanted it to be a surprise for you."

"I love this house." Sherlyn said walking towards the small balcony.

"So..." Ardeth said taking Sherlyn's hands in his, "Sherlyn will you move in with me?"