Chapter 37

"Slow down." Collin called out as Sherlyn began to run towards Ardeth's apartment as soon as the elevators opened.

"Where is Ardeth?" Sherlyn asked as soon as Nick opened the door.

"He is..." Before he could complete his sentence, Sherlyn ran past him inside the apartment.

"Ardeth!" Sherlyn called out aloud.

"Sherlyn?" Ardeth asked confused walking out of his room, wiping his wet hair with a towel.

"Are you alright?" Sherlyn cried hugging him.

"What happened to me?" Ardeth asked confused as Sherlyn continued to cry holding him.

"Nick said something's wrong with you, I was scared." Sherlyn sniffed wiping her tears.

Ardeth looked at Nick, who walked inside the living room, with Collin following him.

"Sorry, I lied." Nick apologized, and Collin smacked him on his head.

"You both speak, while I have a word with Nicholas." Collin said to Ardeth, and pulled Nick out of the door.

Ardeth led Sherlyn into his room, and made her sit on his bed.

"Water." Ardeth said giving a glass of water to Sherlyn.

Sherlyn gulped down the water, to cool down her nerves.

Ardeth took the glass from her, and placed it on the table before he spoke.

"Are you avoiding me?" Ardeth asked without beating around the bush.

Sherlyn looked down at her feet, she knew she need to tell Ardeth about the baby, but she didn't know how to.

"Sherlyn." Ardeth called sitting beside her on the bed, and lifting her face with his hand to make him face her. "Did I do anything wrong?"

"No." Sherlyn shook her head, "It's not about you, it's about me." She cried standing up making Ardeth's heart thud against his chest.

"What about you?" Ardeth asked carefully, and Sherlyn looked at him nervously.

"It's okay baby, whatever it is, we will figure it out together." Ardeth said taking a deep breathe, "I will always stay on your side, no matter what, tell me what it is?" He said holding Sherlyn's hand.

"I...I am pregnant." Sherlyn cried.

"What?" Ardeth asked shocked.

"I took a test, I am pregnant." Sherlyn said looking at Ardeth.

"You are pregnant with my child?" Ardeth asked looking at Sherlyn, and she nodded biting her lip, as tears filled her eyes.

Ardeth left her hand, making the tears roll down her eyes.

"I am going to be a father." Ardeth whispered as his knees buckled down and he fell to the ground on his knees, his shoulders hunched.

Sherlyn looked at Ardeth in panic as he fell to the ground infront of her.

"Ardeth." Sherlyn panicked as she saw his shoulders shake, only then did she realise that he was crying. "Ardeth, why are you crying?" She asked kneeling beside him on the floor.

"I always wanted a family, now I am going to be a father, I am so happy." Ardeth said wrapping his arms around Sherlyn, pulling her into a hug.

"You are not mad?" Sherlyn asked breaking the hug.

"Why would I be?" Ardeth furrowed his brows.

"I thought you don't want to become a father in a young age." Sherlyn answered. "And since you have a lot in your plate, you wouldn't be happy with the news."