Chapter 19

Sherlyn sat in the stands watching her college team practice Soccer with an another team.

She saw Ardeth running around the field, she blushed remembering their makeout session in Johan's farmhouse. After that day they made out a few times in his car but stopped before things got intense. She smiled thinking about how she much she loathed him a few months back and how it's totally different now.

Loud noises interrupted her thoughts making her look towards the source of noise.

She watched the rival team players say something to Ardeth's team members making them furious. There was a heated exchange of words that Sherlyn was confused about what's going on in the field, since she wasn't able to hear it.

She watched a guy say something to Ardeth, and Ardeth punch him on his face, there by starting a brawl in the field.

Sherlyn was shocked and scared looking at the turn of events.

"Boys stop." Mr.Broughton, The College Soccer coach shouted at the top of his voice stopping them from fighting.

Mr.Broughton said something to Ardeth, and he marched towards the dressing rooms, punching the wall on his way.

"Ardeth..." Sherlyn called softly, as she watched Ardeth sitting on a bench near the dressing rooms.

"What?" Ardeth yelled making Sherlyn flinch. "I am sorry." He sighed.

"I wanted to check whether you are ok." Sherlyn said walking in slow steps towards Ardeth.

"Except for the cut on my hand, I am okay." Ardeth said showing his hand that he wrapped with his kerchief.

Sherlyn took a seat beside him and unwrapped the kerchief.

"It looks bad." Sherlyn said as she brought out the first-aid kit from her bag, and began to do the first-aid in silence.

"Nathan was making mean remarks, and was abusing our teammates, I lost my temper when he spoke badly about Brian's wife, so I punched him." Ardeth said as Sherlyn continued to wrap the gauge around his knuckles.

Sherlyn heard from Marcie, that Brian Lopez, Johan's teammate was married to Hailey Carson, their classmate, who was also his childhood sweetheart.

"Hmm." Sherlyn nodded as she finished the first aid.

"What? Are you not going to say anything?"

"What should I say?" Sherlyn asked looking at Ardeth.

"That I did wrong...blah..blah..." Ardeth said and Sherlyn smiled.

Sherlyn shook her head, "Nathan is at fault to bad-mouth Hailey, he has no right to talk about someone's personal matters. He is wrong in his place."

"Does that mean I am right?"

"I didn't say so." Sherlyn shrugged, "Nathan is wrong, but that doesn't mean you have to hurt him physically, now that makes you an equally bad person in the eyes of the world."

"I don't give a fuck about what people think about me." Ardeth gritted.

"Ardeth, sometimes what people think do matter." Sherlyn said softly, "They would think that it was you who is at the fault, because you punched him. They didn't hear what Nathan said but saw what you did. I really am proud of you for taking a stand for Brian but Physical abuse is a big No."

"What should I do now? Go and apologize to him?" Ardeth said sarcastically.

"Yes."

"Sorry?" Ardeth asked looking at Sherlyn with a are-you-serious look.