Ch. 3 ANWSERING

Juliana

The person at the door had better be the cops, I mean who bangs on the door like this. I hope its not some crazy a** neighbor. it looks like the door is about to come off the hinges pissing me off even more. I swing the door open ready to cuss out the idiot that dared to bang on my door after the day I have had. Scott barges into my apartment he is beet red and his veins are bulging he slams the door and gets in my face the smell of whiskey on his breath makes my eyes water. "what. did. you. say. to . her?" he asks as though each word takes great effort. I don't answer I am in shock I have never seen Scott this mad up until today we never even argued. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I feel the sharp pain in my arms, he is gripping them so hard I think they will break he slams me in tot he wall repeatedly yelling what did you say huh. I want to run to my room or out the door somewhere anywhere as long as its away from Scott. tears roll down my face and I tell him about me blowing up at Karen at the hospital. "you made her break up with me you fat slut" he still yelling at me like I care that she left him I roll my eyes at him which I know is a big mistake but I can't help my self. Scott fist slams into my jaw i've never been hit before. I fall into the couch and he is on me before I can escape he pounds into my face I taste blood and want to vomit. Please Scott stop I cry out. stay out of my life f**king slut he says and spits on me. I feel relieved when I hear the door open and close. I rush over and lock it and put the chain on. I am afraid to look in the mirror but when I do its grotesque my right jaw is deep purple and has a gash in it that is bleeding my right eye is swollen shut there is a huge split in my lip and both arms are covered in bruises I don't have a first aid kit. I look over at my phone there is no one I can call. it rings and I pick it up "hey Scott just called hes really drunk he said he came to your house are you okay?" its Franklin out of all people he made me feel safe. but he lied for Scott how much could he really care about me. Scott told me once that Franklin has ties to the mob maybe he called him to finish me off. I think back to the day me and Franklin met did he know Scott was cheating on me then. 'I'm okay Franklin I was just about to go to bed talk some other time" I say sobbing into the phone before I can hang up he tells me he is coming over. I throw on some basketball shorts and try to fix my hair so it hides the bruises on my face at least but its no use. there's a knock at the door and I stiffen. Juliana its me I instantly relax at the sound of Franklin's voice.