Ch. 8 HOOKY

I thought I would be board and alone at Franklin apartment but he took the week off to be with me. My face was almost fully healed and the few bruises I had left were easily covered with concealer by the end of the week. Scott didn't show up for work either which was pissing Franklin off it was like he just vanished. I for one was happy Monday I would be going back to work it was hard to get Franklin to let me go back to work but he agreed to let me go if he dropped me off and picked me up.  Apart of me is sad about leaving our love nest  but the real world awaits.

Sunday morning Franklin and I head to my place so I can pack some scrubs and clothes to take back to his place. I give Franklin the key to open the door, he stands there and when I try to go around him he blocks the way.  Juliana you don't need to see this he says. I get a feeling that I should walk away but I don't I step around him and am shocked at what I can see. My place is trashed my clothes are all over the floor the furniture is cut up. Glass and other things that have been broken are scattered everywhere. I start to cry every thing I own had been destroyed. Franklin leads me back out the apartment come on let's go home he says. I'm to stunned to say anything and let him lead me back to his truck. He tells me it's going to be okay and kisses me on the forehead. The ringing of his phone startles me. We make a detour to Franklin's construction cite .