Ch. 12 REAL WORLD

Because of the injury which turned out to be a flesh wound that needed 15 stitches in my lower calf. I extended my time off but after three days in Franklin's apartment I called my boss and told her I was ready to return to work. next I called Franklin "Frankie can you take me to get some more scrubs my other ones are probably ruined at the apartment". " I don't want you going back to work"he says. "Franklin I can't live off you it wouldn't be fair " I grit my teeth trying to be considerate. "What do you mean it wouldn't be fair" he says in the phone, I can tell he's getting angry. "I mean I can't just expect you to pay for everything I need to work plus I have the apartment to take care of and those bills" I say exhausted at the same argument. " I told you I would pay for the apartment and the bills you don't have to worry about a thing I just want you safe"he says in the phone maybe he's tired of the same argument too. " Frankie the hospital is perfectly safe they have police and side of the hospital if that's going to make a move it certainly won't be in the hospital it'll be here in this apartment where I'm a sitting duck" I say. "you're not a sitting duck in that apartment I've got my guys all over it  and cameras everywhere, if Scott so  much as thinks about my apartment they'll grab them up". " I don't care Franklin I can't stay cooped up in here another day I have to get back to work" I whine.  he sighs " okay I guess I can take you once I get off "he says. " if it'll make you feel better you can pay for my uniform" I say Cheerful now that I've gotten my way. " it doesn't make me feel any better but I'll still pay I just wish you'd give it a little more time for my guys to catch him" he says. " I know you'll catch him Frankie but I just don't want to stop my life in the meantime you know" I say trying to reason with him.

At 4 p.m. sharp Franklin comes to pick me up to go scrub shopping. I think he's going to stay in the car and I'm surprised when I see him following me into the store. I grabbed two uniforms and I look over to see that Frankie is talking to the sales girl he points at me and then she grabs more scrubs and takes them to the counter. " what are you doing you little sneak" I asked him. " getting you some scrubs" he says and kissing me. the sales girl smiles at us " how long have you two been married ?"she asked. "where not married yet but I will be a lucky man if she does marry me" he says with a wink. "I don't know about the lucky man part but you will be getting lucky tonight" I whisper in his ear.