'Reminds me of myself'

Damn you're all smart

The boy woke up and was confused for a moment but then remembered what happened.

And then realised that he was alive.

'Aw shit, I really thought that would work'

He was too busy being mad at himself to notice the hobo emerging from his cocoon of comfort in the corner.

The hobo being Aizawa. The cocoon being his sleeping bag, that was on a chair in the corner of the room.

"You're awake."

The boy's head snapped up to look at his teacher. Boy did he regret that, it caused him a huge headache.

"Yeah, I guess I am!"

He put a huge smile on his face.

"So- why am I here? What happened?"

Yup. Feigning ignorance might have worked if it was anyone else. But being an underground hero, Aizawa had stopped many people from committing, so he knew when people were faking.

"Don't act like you don't know. So? Why'd you do it?"

"Wha- what are you talking about sensei? You know me- I probably just did something dumb again!"

Ouch. That hurt the boy more than he cared to admit. He was used to being called stupid, but it still hurt. Even- no- especially when he himself was the one doing it.

"The truth?"

"I- that is the truth! I reallyyyyy don't remember! Sorry sensei, but I should really be going, my mum will be worried!"

Aizawa furrowed his brow.

"Oh? I thought your mum was in America on hero business?"

Well shit. Being caught lying when your already suspicious isn't a very good look.

The boy sighed and his smile dropped.

"Oh? You're ready to tell the truth?"

"Yeah. It was an accident. I lost control of my quirk while I was washing my hands"

"And why didn't you say that sooner?"

"Because it's embarrassing! I've had my quirk for 12 years but I still couldn't control it!"

He clenched his fist under the covers, hoping Aizawa would buy it.

Spoiler alert! He didn't.

"Kaminari."

He gulped.

"Yessss sensei?"

"I'm not going to judge you or think less of you."

That took Kaminari by surprise.

"Wha- why not?"

Aizawa sat back down on the chair.

"Because I was where you are at one point."

Denki's jaw dropped so far he would have tripped over it if he was stood up.

"Jesus kid, don't look so surprised. And close your mouth before you catch a fly or something."

The student chocked on air and closed his mouth, looking away slightly embarrassed.

"Sensei?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you mean, you were where I am?"

"I mean that I was in this office after trying to die in the school bathrooms. Well- I was in my second year but still."

"Oh- uh- really? You? I thought you were totally strong and awesome"