🔞 Chapter 18: Keeping Secrets 🔞

"Sasuke," the girl whispered as she moved into view from behind her bathroom door, looking as if she hadn't slept in weeks, while her throat bobbing slightly as she swallowed very slowly. Her green eyes widened and her hands were shaking as she held a tiny little stick in her hands. His eyes went wide as well, when he realized what it was and what she was about to say. But she says it anyway... regardless of the fact that they both knew what was coming next.

"Babe, I... I think that I'm... pregnant."

'Pregnant? Sakura's... pregnant? Fuck.'

.
.
.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

And, silence.

The ticking of the wall clock is the only thing to be heard for a while, until she decides to break the awkward silence between them with some gentle questioning.

"Uh, Sasuke... a-are you okay?" Sakura stood with slightly shaky hands still firmly clutching onto the little plastic stick and holding it to her chest while her gaze remained locked onto Sasuke's darker one. The youngest Uchiha remained rooted to the spot, completely frozen and unblinking. The pinkette began to worry when he didn't respond, and grew even more concerned when he seemed to freeze in place. Sakura took a tentative step forward and his onyx irises remained locked onto her, but his body didn't move. It was slightly unnerving and started to make her uncomfortable. "Umm, S-Sasuke? Hello? Are you okay, babe?"

Still nothing.

Her plump cheeks began to dust a light, pinkish hue at his scrutiny and she averted her gaze to the floor, whilst biting her bottom lip and pleading for the tears at the edge of her eyes to remain in place. "I know this is unexpected and all, well maybe not that unexpected, but I just, well I hope that you are okay with this news. I don't even know if this thing is completely accurate, you know. I guess I will have to make an appointment really soon with my gynecologist for confirmation but, I would be lying if I said I think it's a false positive. You know what I mean, babe. Hello, Sasuke? Did you hear me? Are you even listening to a word I'm saying or are you just ignoring me?"

She let out a huge, disappointed breath when he remained silent and moved to stand in front of him. "Hey...," the teen said while she placed her free hand upon his cheek, which seemed to finally startle Sasuke enough to make him look down at her. "Are you alright, babe," she asked him again, but he ignored her question and just grabbed onto her hips gently. Sakura could feel his body shaking slightly and her heart constricted painfully behind her ribcage.

'Don't fucking cry, Sakura Haruno. Whatever you do, just don't—'

"Pregnant...," he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

She nodded and closed her eyes. "I hope you're not angry or something." Sasuke placed a hand against her heated cheek to gather her attention once again.

"Why would I be angry, beautiful?"

"I don't know, you kind of froze up on me," she chuckled as the first tear slipped down her cheek. He brushed it away with his thumb and his expression immediately softened to one of adoration and complete devotion.

"I'm not angry, my love. I was just... shocked, that's all."

"Really? Should you be though," she asked with a slightly teasing tone and a raised brow. He shook his head and his lips pulled up significantly as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I guess not." She hesitated and bit her bottom lip. "What's wrong, Sakura," Sasuke asked when he noticed her slight hesitation and nervousness to continue.