🔞 Chapter 30: Returning the Favor 🔞

He was right though in the end. She wasn't disappointed.

.
.
.

After dinner, Sasuke had taken Sakura home where he'd promptly crashed; barely even managing to make it up the stairs and into her bedroom before unceremoniously falling on the mattress in a heap. She giggled, her hand shielding her mouth to muffle the sound, before she moved towards him to slip his shoes off of his feet. She then gently tugged the covers upwards to cover his tall frame, and went to the bathroom to get ready for bed; joining him soon after.

Her lover wrapped an arm around her gently and pulled her against his side, sighing into the top of her head; and she soon fell asleep in his arms with a warm smile on her face.

The next morning...

"... Sakura— Sakura. Hey, wake up."

"Ugh! Just five more minutes...," she groaned sleepily and pulled the covers up and over her face, leaving just the top of her head exposed. Her fiancé chuckled and bent to kiss the visible tuff of pink locks sticking out gently. "I got to go, but I'll be back soon," he said softly, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze. She moved the cover slightly to reveal her eyes, and noticed that his hair was damp and clothes were slightly wrinkled from sleep. She noted to bring a few of his outfits, or buy him some new ones to keep at her house for times like this. Just in case.

"What time is it?"

"8:30. Stay in bed and rest. I'll bring you some breakfast in about an hour."

"... okay. But be careful. I love you."

"I love you too. See you soon."

After her bedroom door clicked into place behind him and his footsteps receded, she let out a deep sigh and settled into the warmth of the sheets and comfort of the mattress. But no matter how hard she tried... she couldn't sleep. So instead, she reluctantly got up and went to take a shower, brushing her hands soothingly against the tiny baby bump protruding from her abdomen. She practically gasped and her eyes went wide when she felt a soft fluttering beneath her palms. She felt tears spring to the corners of her eyes and lifted one of her hands to swipe them all away with the back of her hand. "Good morning, little one. Did you sleep well? Don't worry, your Papa will be back real soon." With a soft smile on her lips, the pink-haired turned off the water and stepped out of the steaming shower to finish getting ready for the day.

.
.
.

"... you really felt her?"

Sakura couldn't hide her cheeky smile as she washed the last dish. "Her?" Sasuke turned away, but she didn't miss the slight dusting of pink on the tips of his ears and cheek as he let out a gentle huff of annoyance.

"I don't know. It's just a guess. It could be a boy. I suppose we will be surprised... when it's born." Without meeting her gaze, he took the plate and finished drying it before putting it away in the cabinet. She didn't want to push teasing him any further, not wanting him to go completely silent on her. So instead, the pinkette decided to change the subject...to something more pressing; like their upcoming session with Tsunade and the following day's doctor's appointment.

Though with her feet feeling slightly swollen, she reached for his hand and dragged him to the living room couch with him taking a seat next to her. He bent down and pulled her legs onto his lap, gently massaging the exposed skin. She winced slightly when he managed to hit a particularly sore spot, but soon relaxed against the armrest and decorative pillow there as their conversation continued.

"... and I can't wait to hear the baby's heartbeat. I think it's one of the absolute best sounds in the entire world. Don't you think so, Sasuke?" 

"Hn."