🔞 Chapter 23: Pride Be Damned 🔞

But before they could go any further—

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Loud, resounding thuds could be heard on the other side of his bedroom door.

"Sasuke. Open this door. Now!"

'Shit.'

.
.
.

Sasuke was absolutely livid as he quickly sped away from his family's home, his dark eyes glancing in the mirror and lingering on the small bag there before he shook his head to try and clear it. His gaze moved forwards once again as he watched the scenery speed by him through the brightly lit streams of his headlights. It was midnight, but he didn't give a fuck; he was done. His cellphone rang, his mother's name flashing across the screen for the fourth... fifth, sixth time; he couldn't really remember at this point and he felt a small pang of guilt fill the pit of his stomach, before the phone went silent once more, the screen going completely black.

'It's for the best. I don't need the aggravation. I won't do as he says. I won't leave her. I won't leave my Sakura. I'm so sorry, mother. It has nothing to do with you and I hope you know that. I think that deep down you understand me more than he ever has. I hope that someday, in the near future perhaps, we can move past all of this mess. I really, really do. But I love her and I'm NOT willing to lose her. Not now, not ever.'

His mind began to play back flash images of the previous hours' events and his hands tightened on the wheel as he took a curve just a little too sharply in the dark; his wheels squealing against the semi-damp pavement as he cursed angrily (at everything beneath the sun) under his breath.

How did this all happen? How did things get to this point? How did Sasuke end up in his car at midnight, with only a small bag of clothing in tow?

Well—

"Sasuke. Open this door. Now!"

He growled under his breath in annoyance, before helping Sakura slowly over to his bed... then once they were both fully-clothed and semi-decent, he reluctantly unlocked and then opened the bedroom door.

A fuming Fugaku stood on the other side, a deep frown on his thin lips as he scanned the room slowly, his black eyes lingering a little too long on Sakura for Sasuke's liking. He cleared his throat loudly in order to gather his father's full attention once more, before he spoke. "What do you want, father?" The older Uchiha bristled at this and crossed his arms over his chest. Sakura swallows nervously while she fidgets with the thin fabric of her skirt, her cheeks dusting a light shade of pink as she averts her eyes from him to the floor.

"I think that it's time for Sakura to go home now, son. It IS getting a little late."

Sasuke's eyes flashed, but when his mother appeared at the door as well, he decided to keep his mouth shut. He nodded once before turning to Sakura, silently indicating for her to follow him. "We were just leaving, actually. It's close to her curfew anyway."

His father grabbed his arm and leaned down as he passed and Sasuke's body tensed when he whispered in his ear. "I have something to discuss with you when you get back. Don't be long."

Sensing the growing tension, Sakura reached for Sasuke's hand and held it tightly in hers... squeezing it reassuringly as she plastered a smile on her lips. "Thank you for having me over tonight. Dinner was delicious, Mrs. Uchiha."

"Oh, Sakura dear, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Mikoto... or mom if you would rather." The pinkette blushed at this and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. She looked up at her fiancé's father then... her heart pounding wildly as he glared at her with only mild interest.