🔞 Chapter 19: The Secret is Out 🔞

"Well, I..."

"Sakura, honey," her mother called loudly from beyond her bedroom door. "Are you awake, dear? We need to talk." A soft knocking on her bedroom door could be heard after that. The pinkette's green eyes had widened at the same time as her lover's did when they heard the older woman's voice.

'Mother? What the fuck could she possibly want at this late hour?'

.
.
.

"Uh, just a second," Sakura called as Sasuke stood quickly and helped her to her feet. The door knob rattled and her viridescent eyes grew wide as she met her fiancé's hard stare; his hands quickly securing his underwear and pants back in place, before he helped her do the same. Sasuke leaned in and planted a soft kiss to her temple before his hot breath fanned against her ear and neck.

"I'll text you when I get home. Call me if you need me," he whispered and she nodded her head before watching him walk back to the window's ledge, then he slipped beyond its threshold and out of sight. She let out a soft, steadying breath before walking back (on slightly shaky legs still) to her bedroom door before switching the locking mechanism and opening it. Sakura watched on silently as her mother scanned the room slowly before she plastered a soft smile upon her lips and looked back at her daughter.

"Did you need something...," Sakura asked, lifting a brow. "It's kind of late and I was hoping to get to bed early." Her mother seemed to contemplate something before shaking her head.

"Oh, never mind then. It can wait until tomorrow. Goodnight sweetie."

'Sure it can. I bet you just wanted to check on me... and see if he was here. Could you hear us?'

She said a quick goodnight before closing the door again. The pinkette then staggered to her bed, feeling exhausted from tonight's events before grabbing her phone from the bedside table. The screen remained blank, with a picture of her and Sasuke staring back at her. She sighed before placing it against her stomach and her eyes slowly began to close; sleep finally taking over her consciousness.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Sakura was startled awake the next morning by her alarm and sat up abruptly, accidentally throwing her cellphone to the floor in the process.

"Fucking shit," she cursed before reaching down to pick it up. She noticed that the screen still indicated no new text messages and she began to worry. 'Sasuke said he would text me... did he not make it home last night?' She swiped her fingertips across the screen and scrolled through her contacts until she came across his name. She hit the call button quickly before bringing it up to her ear. Her fingers began to drum on her thigh as she waited. A few seconds later, she heard the telling sounds of the receiver before a rough, groggy hello sounded on the other side. She sighed in relief.

"Sasuke, I was so worried. I fell asleep, but you didn't text me to let me know you made it home safely." Sakura could hear ruffling and shuffling on the other end and then a huff. She could only assume he was probably sitting up in bed and running a hand through his messy locks. Sakura had learned very quickly that Sasuke wasn't always a morning person, so she gave him a minute before continuing. "After last night... I didn't know if, well..."

"I'm sorry that I didn't text you, beautiful. When I got home, I had a disagreement with my father and completely forgot by the time it was done. I didn't mean to worry you."

"It's okay," she said softly, pausing to bite at her bottom lip before continuing. "I'm just glad you're safe. Do you want to talk about it? The fight, I mean."