🔞 Chapter 20: The Hike 🔞

They exchange a quick look, before retracting their hands. Both of them took just a few seconds to catch their breaths and were thankful, after a quick and casual glance around the room, that it seemed as if nobody had even noticed.

The evening continued on in relative silence until Sakura's aunt turned to them both with a kind smile. "So, you two... how is therapy going?"

'Therapy? How does she know about that? What the fu—'

.
.
.

Sakura's aunt had put them both through the ringer with question after question, (her mother glaring angry daggers at them both the entire time) and although she would have loved to go out on a late-night movie date with her fiancé, she had to respectfully decline his sweet and thoughtful offer.

After their little stunt, and the rest of the evening's chaotic events, she was just ready for bed, way too exhausted to do much else, but she promised to text Sasuke as soon as she woke up the following day. That time came as the sun rose higher in the sky, bathing her pale skin in the morning light and warming her from the outside in while she blinked the sleep away from her crusty eyes. Sakura yawned and stretched, before slowly moving into a sitting position; her long, pink locks cascading half-hazardously down her bare back and shoulder blades where her night shirt (which was actually just an old borrowed shirt of Sasuke's) had slipped down during her sleep. She made her way to the bathroom and did her business before returning to the comfort of her bed.

Since it was the weekend, Sakura had no real need to get ready too early and chose to be lazy instead. Propped up on a single pillow, with her blanket tucked neatly around her thin waist, she lifted her phone up and began to send a quick text message to her lover.

Good morning, babe.

Sakura was scrolling around on random websites when he responded just a few minutes later.

Good morning, beautiful. I hope you slept well. How are you feeling today? Any sickness?

She smiled.

No sickness yet, I'm just a little bit tired still. Did you want to do something today? It seemed like you wanted to ask me something last night before you left but didn't.

I did, but with your mom there, I changed my mind. I was going to ask if you wanted to go to the nature preserve with me today for a hike. But, since you're tired we can do something else instead.

No!!! I wanna go!

Sakura. I don't want you getting too exhausted. Think of yourself and our baby.

I know. But, I'll... we'll be fine. I promise. Please, can we go? A hike sounds lovely. The fresh air, nature... spending alone time with you... what could be better!

I have to give you that. Fine, we can go. But if you feel remotely sick or anything, you have to tell me. Deal?

Yes! Deal! So, when can we leave?

A little eager, aren't we, my love?

Sasuke, don't tease me!

Alright, beautiful. I'm sorry. How soon can you be ready?

Give me like twenty minutes.

Make it thirty. I'm going to run to the store and pick up some things first before I come get you.

Are you sure that you don't need longer? I don't want you rushing on my account.

Nope. Thirty is fine. I will pick you up soon. I love you.