🔞 Chapter 32: Things Are Looking Up 🔞

A note from the author:

I'm so sorry for the long hiatus and short update on this one. I've been trying to come back to this story and finish it, but I haven't been myself for a while. I am starting to feel better, so I'm going to try and tell myself that I'll finish this book by the end of the year or possibly summer... depending on how life goes. I do have work now as I've started a new job, and my family is taking up almost all of my free time as well, but I'll do my very best to stick with my goal and get the chapters out at a much quicker pace. (I've only got about 10ish left to go before it's complete!!!)

Again, I apologize for the long wait and I appreciate the continued support I've been receiving on Twitter from you guys. Means the world to me! Now back to the real reason why you guys are here; the story!

.
.
.

Slightly perturbed and left suddenly unsatisfied, she huffed in frustration before slipping the towel back around her and made her way to the bedroom to change into some comfy pajamas, leaving her fiancé to clean up their mess.

.
.
.

With her Mother staying at home more often, doing everything in her power to mend her relationships with both Sasuke and her daughter, the pink-haired mother-to-be was more than relieved to finally have some time to herself when she announced she'll be leaving for a work conference on Thursday morning; and wouldn't be back home until the following Tuesday.

"Don't worry about me, Mother," Sakura pleaded as she finished washing some dishes. Placing them on the rack next to the sink to dry, she grabbed a towel and began to wipe it clean. "I'll be fine on my own. I can fend for myself for a few days; don't worry. I will have Sasuke with me, so I guess I won't technically be alone. We'll be alright; trust me a little, okay."

"I just hate leaving you, dear. After everything we—"

"Stop it," Sakura sighed, placing her fingers against her temple. "Let's not rehash the past. It's over and done with." She opened her green eyes slowly and gave her Mom a sincere, sweet smile. "We need to just move on from it all... and forget about all of the negative stuff that's happened between us. It's over and done with like I said; let's just move on."

"I know, I know." Her Mother sighed and placed her hands on her hips, returning her daughter's smile as she cocked her head to the side. "I'm sorry, honey. I sometimes forget how grown up and mature you've become. I need to learn to live in the present... with you... and not keep reliving the past. It'll be hard, but I'll get there. I'm sorry to keep bringing it up."

"You're forgiving," Sakura says as her smile grows. "So, shall we go and pack your bags then?"

"Trying to get rid of me so soon, huh?" Mebuki lifted a single brow at this and her daughter burst into a fit of giggles that quickly turned into full blown laughter which in turn caused her Mom to join the merriment as they made their way towards the stairs.

.
.
.

"Congratulations are in order I see," Tsunade said with a nod towards Sakura's small, but protruding belly. The pinkette blushed a deeper shade of pink and said a soft thank you as she and Sasuke took their places next to one another on the tan loveseat adjacent to their therapist. "How are things with you both?"

Sakura happily took the lead and sat up straighter in her seat; more than a little bit pleased to have all of the attention diverted from her growing baby bump. "Good; really, really good. My Mom and I are slowly mending our relationship and Sasuke and I couldn't be happier about our upcoming appointment to see my OBGYN. We get to see the baby."