#' 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

"she said, you have married an icarus, he has flown too close to the sun"

REI STARED–GLARED up at the red haired man who stood at the door of her hospital room

REI STARED–GLARED up at the red haired man who stood at the door of her hospital room. Her glare was impenetrable, she did not cower or quiver in fear anymore as the man glared back at her with his blue orbs.

"Rei liste-" before he could even continue his sentence, Rei had held a hand in front of her.

"No, you listen"

This silenced Enji right away, Rei had never defied him the entire time they had been married and even after, not once. This was new, a new side of her that he was seeing for the first time and he knew what caused it

"Enji Todoroki, again– again you have let down one of your children. AGAIN! AGAIN YOU HAVE KILLED ONE OF THEM!"

She screamed at the man who's eyes just widened in disbelief, she had never defied him before, but now–she was even raising her voice at him.

Rei's emotions were flowing through her veins like a river with no rocks to stop it's tide.

"Enji Todoroki, I'm sick and tired of the disappointment you keep presenting me with."

Enji thought he felt a pang of sadness hit his heart right in it's center. He was disappointed of the reaction he was receiving from his wife, but his pride made him go against his wife head-on

"The only disappointment in our home was Shiro, and I got rid of it"

Suddenly the room had gone ice cold. Rei stared with a peircing glare at her "husband" her grey eyes suddenly reflecting multiple emotions all at once, and none of them were positive. Enji shivered at the drop in temperature as he just watched his wife take slow steps towards him, her glare never leaving his face.

SLAP!

She had hit him with the most force she could muster, enough to make Enji's head turn to the side, as his face was covered in shock and a red hand mark.

"How dare you call her a disappointment."

He could disrespect her all he wanted, but she would never allow anyone to call her kids disappointments. Touya, Shiro, who would be next? She would not have any of that bullshit anymore.