Chapter 1 -Successor

Lin's POV

It was a cloudy day and I'm in the backseat of my mom's car, she was complaining about the traffic, it was a long traffic, a very very long one. When she was done complaining about the traffic,she looks at me and starting talking about my shitty exam.

"Lin, can stop being a disappointment and top the exams! God! How can I face my friends after that disgrace grades you have!"

The traffic was slowly moving and her voice was starting to get cold. I wish this traffic could end so that she can drop me off and never see her face again for like a month.

I nodded. I wasn't paying attention, I'm sure she was staring at me. My mom is a type of a mother that likes to control other people's lives, she always controls my life when I was 8 until today, she is a person who can fuck up someone's childhood by notebooks and pens.

I'm so tired of studying, my sleep schedule is a mess, and I haven't have a proper meal for like a month for that stupid exam and ended up being fucked up.

I can't rest anywhere, cause when I rest she would be there saying I'm a lazy pig, when I eat I'm a pig when I barely have anything to eat at the dinner table.

The traffic was starting to move faster and steadier.I watched the scenery outside the car pass by, suddenly mom talked again.

"Lin, I heard from your classmates that you only sleep in classes, and I found your test paper and you really disappointed me, Lin. 90 over 100? Are you sure that you are studying?" She said in her cold voice.

“I'm sorry, but I tried my best. ” I said, she looked at me in the rear mirror and was irritated. She knows my attitude and she has charity event to attend at her friend's mansion, she won't not let hell break loose today.

She wouldn't want to be stressed and haggard. She knew my answer was sarcasm.

“Its fine, and you better top this exam, remember 2nd place is the first loser, do not disappoint me and your father, you are the son of the most top CEO in the world.” she said.

“I don't want people to start a gossip about our family, that the son of the greatest CEO, only got top 2 or only got 90 points in his test. ’’ she continues.

I look down and clenched my fist, imaging that my fist is on her face.I'm sick of her controlling my life,I'm sick of studying, I'm sick of her.

I look at my clenched fist and let go. Just for this week, everything will be okay.

“I'm sorry, mom, I'll do better next time” I said.

"What next time? You need to top this exam, and if I hear one more off your pig behavior in your class, that you have beeb sleeping in any exam or test, I will tell your father and you will not want to face the consequences!” she was angry.... and I too, was angry.

“Why was your sister in jail and not you instead of her. She's much better than you, try copying her.”she said.

“At least try to make us proud of you.”

What? Make you proud of me? When did I not try to make proud of me? Do you think all I did is trash?

“Why did you not inherit your fathers intelligence? You and your sister are both my children but the other one isn't that intelligent, unlike her sister.” she said those words with full of disgust and dissatisfaction.

Those words and those emotions I see in her eyes made the ticking time bomb in me explode right away and with out thinking I talked back to her.

“Why? If sister is so good, why is she in prison?” I said coldly looking and at the back of the car, smiling with sarcasm.