Chapter 22

"We have a problem."

Kai raised an eyebrow at his sister. "Why are you whisp-"

"Shh!" Nya put her hand over Kai's mouth. "Change into your gi and meet me inside."

Kai felt confused but did as she had asked. He changed into his gi and returned to their secret entrance. He stepped inside and looked around for his sister.

"Nya? Where did you go?"

"I'm over by the docks!" Nya called out from where she was.

Kai hurried over to the closed-down dockyard by the shutdown warehouse he was in, the warehouse being the ninja's secret base. He found his sister standing next to a tied-up person. The person had on a ninja gi that resembled his and Nya's, but the person's gi was green.

"Who is this?"

"I don't know," Nya, actually Water, answered, her arms crossed over her chest, "I tried pulling down the hood, but he kept evading me. His moves were like those of ours. What do we do, Red? Sensei isn't around to deal with this person."

Kai, or more appropriately, Red, looked at the person tied up sitting beside Nya. The person had a cold expression but seemed calm and sat still.

"Who are you?" Red asked.

"I'll tell you but bring the rest of your ninja team here."

"Yeah, right. Like I would do that."

"I won't answer your question then."

"Is this some sort of a game to you?" Water asked. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"Bring me the rest of your Secret Ninja Force. Until then, I'm just going to sit here."

Red looked closer at the stranger tied up in front of him. He seemed like your everyday teenager. The only distinguishing thing about the person was their green eyes. Red knew a couple of people from his school who had green eyes but he'd never seen anyone whose eyes shone green.

"Well?"

"Fine," Red answered.

"What?" Water exclaimed. "Red, what are you doing."

"Hoping this doesn't turn out bad." Red pulled out a cellphone different from that of his alter ego. He called White since he was usually the fastest to respond.

"Hello, Red. Any suspicious activity?"

"Yes, and in our base at that," Red told White. "If you could, round up the rest of the team and meet back at home base. Tell them we have an intruder."

A loud yawn escaped the lips of the tied-up strange that startled Red, White, and Water. The stranger got himself to stand up without using his arms and started walking around.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

"Trying not to fall asleep," They answered.

"How can you be tired when all you did was break in?" Water asked.

"You'd be surprised how hard it is to lead two separate lives."

"You forget. We're ninjas!" Water said, "Of course, we know how hard it is to live two separate lives."

The person kept quiet and walked from end to end as if he were thinking of something.

"We're here!" Blue said, excitedly running inside with Black and White.

"You said there was an intruder?" Black asked

"Over there," Water pointed to a figure standing at the edge of the dockyard.

"I imagine he would be tied up," White wondered aloud.

"I did tie him up," Water said, turning to where the stranger was walking freely, "Hey, how did you-"

"GREEN!!"

~X~x~X~x~X~

"So, you're trying to say he's a member of our ninja team?" Red asked. He remembered when he talked about it with Jay, and they had tried to investigate the situation.

"Yes," Blue answered. "And because of Lord Garmadon's son, everyone's memories of Green are gone."

"And yours?" Water asked.

"Things like memory wipe don't have a lasting effect on him if done the way Lloyd Garmadon did it," Green answered, "There are people in Ninjago City with that kind of immunity."

"How do you know you have the immunity stuff?" Black asked.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't know I was part of the ninjas."

The dock fell silent, and the atmosphere remained still.

"We need to talk to Sensei about this," Red suggested, interrupting the silence. "The mess Lord Garmadon's son has caused seems to be bigger than anticipated."

"I agree," Green said, "But Sensei isn't around."

"Isn't that his boat?" Blue pointed. They all turned to the edge of the docks where a large boat was. It was like a pirate ship- made of wood, had a sail and everything- and it belong to the person in charge of The Secret Ninja Force. Sensei Wu.

"Yes, it is," Green answered, "But there was a note inside telling us he had things to care of before coming back to meet us."

"You went inside?!" Water asked, shocked.

"Maybe..."

"Where's the note now?" Black asked.

"It uh... exploded into confetti?"