Chapter 2

Recess arrived early the next day since teachers were having a private meeting with the Principal and Vice-Principal. The students went free in the halls, the cafeteria, and to any other place they wanted too. But what everyone was really interested in doing was the 'Hunt'.

"What's up fellow students!" The voice of the well known Cole Brookstone sounded over the P.A. system. "You all ready for today's special?!" Shouts of 'yes' were heard all over the school. The teachers didn't hear it, of course, they were in a building separate from the school.

Cole's best friend, Jay Walker took the reins. "Rumors are going around that LLOYD GARMADON still attends this school." He emphasized on 'Lloyd Garmadon'. Boos erupted from the students. The cheer squad, led by Chen, did the boo Lloyd song over the P.A for students to hear.

"Well for today, we'll be holding a hunt! Led by Kai, Chen, and Morro, we the students are going to hunt down Lloyd Garmadon." The students of the school started getting excited at this.

"Is there a prize this week?

"Of course, there will be a prize. The guy's not totally worthless." Cole said taking back the mike. "Whoever hunts out Lloyd Garmadon and brings him to the gym gets a free 100 dollar coupon for 'Buddy's Pizza'!" Screams were heard throughout the halls from the girls while boys just shouted happily.

"Remember, only sophomores!" Jay warned. "We can't have a repeat of last week."

X~X~X~X~X~

Meanwhile, Lloyd sat inside the Janitor's locker finishing up on school work. The Janitor let him stay inside whenever he wished. Lloyd was looking through the school blog to see what the hunt for this week was. He stared at his phone in horror when he saw a picture of him with the headlines; WEEKLY STUNT: HUNT DOWN LLOYD GARMADON, pasted on the front. His stomach started going queasy at the thought of it. He had to lock all the passageways before someone accidentally stumbled on something.

Every door leading into the passageways could be locked from the inside except one- the one in the Janitor's closet. He hurriedly locked up everything, which took a while considering it was the whole school. He'd nearly been spotted once or twice and just narrowly escaped. He got back to the Janitor's closet in record time and exited the door. He breathed a sigh of relief once he pushed the shelf back in the front door.

"What's that?" Lloyd jumped back in surprise when he heard the female voice. He looked at the girl who was staring at him, a broom aimed at him. "What's that behind the shelf?" She asked.

"Uh- it's um-"

"You're Lloyd Garmadon, aren't you?" The girl said eyeing him. Lloyd looked at the girl like she just asked the dumbest question in history. He noticed her staring at him like she wasn't sure.

"You look nothing like a villain." She said arching an eyebrow at Lloyd.

"Tell that to the entire city," Lloyd muttered. He decided to change the conversation. "Aren't you that girl who was carrying the stacks of books yesterday?"

"Yes, I am. I'm Stacy" She offered her hand in a handshake. Lloyd stared at it not knowing whether it was a trick or not. He was about to take it when two more girls appeared in the Janitor's closet.

"Stacy get back!" Lloyd recognized the voice as Nya's. "That's Lloyd Garmadon!" Lloyd moved back when he noticed her and her companion, Skylor. Nya and Skylor had Lloyd cornered.

"Alright Lloyd," Skylor said almost as if his name tasted like sour milk. "You come with us to the gym peacefully and you'll probably end up fine."

All of a sudden a smoke screen started to fill up the area blinding the three girls' vision. Something grabbed Lloyd by the arm and dragged him out of the room and into the hallway. Lloyd in all the rush didn't know what was going on and just pulled his hood over his head.

"Who the heck are you?" Lloyd called out as he was running, though he was still being dragged by the mystery person.

"Remember me," The guy was wearing a white hooded jacket with the hoodie up. He turned his head around to reveal himself to Lloyd.

"Zane!" Lloyd whispered in awe. Zane was an android robot made by his father, and even though it was cool, everyone thought it was super weird. Zane hardly spoke to Lloyd but when he did it was if both of them were somehow trapped in the same room cause of bullies and pranksters. They became sort of friends that way.

"How- What are you doing here?" Lloyd asked him still shocked. Zane had told Lloyd that he was going to leave, that he couldn't handle the students at the school.

"I'll explain later but first we have to meet up with the others." He replied Lloyd.

"Others?"

"I'll explain it later." Zane dragged Lloyd into another hallway and into a class just nearby. They stood for a while until a herd of students passed by.

"You said you saw him turn down this way?" They could hear Morro's monotonous voice as he said each word. He carried a rope in one hand and had his other hand in his pocket.

"Yup," Nya answered. They heard their footsteps go down the hallway but still remained where they were in case of someone coming by.

"Okay, what's going?" Lloyd asked. He was really confused and the frustration was really hitting him this time. "What's the hunt about?! Shouldn't you be a computer?! What others?! Zane, explain something!"

"Calm down Lloyd, not here."

"Then where?!"

"The school shed. That's where the rest of the gang are."

"What gang?" Lloyd said calming down a bit. Zane went over to the window and opened it.

"I'll explain later," Zane replied as he walked out from the window. Lloyd stared at him wide-eyed.

"Zane!" Lloyd ran over to the window. We're on top of the ground floor, Lloyd thought, What's he thinking? He looked down to see Zane was on the lawn looking up at him.

"Come on Lloyd," Zane called out, "Don't be afraid, it's not that high."

I'm not afraid, I'm the Green Ninja, duh, Lloyd thought to himself. He climbed over and jumped down to where Zane was.

Zane ran over to a large shed, with Lloyd following behind. He opened the door and walked inside. Lloyd stopped in front of the shed and didn't follow Zane inside.

"Lloyd?" Zane asked concerned.

"What?" Lloyd said.

"You coming?"

"You sure we should be entering a creepy old shed?"

"Huh?"

"Should I be following you?" Lloyd asked. He covered his mouth as soon as he said that.

"Lloyd you know I never hated you like everyone in school did. So please trust me."

Lloyd looked at Zane, a lot of thoughts circling his head. What if it's a trap? Are the people in his gang the bullies? Lloyd thought, but then he saw Zane and he knew Zane would never lie, He could be telling the truth, he's never lied before. Not to mention he was my only friend. Ugh, I feel so awkward just standing here and thinking.

Lloyd walked inside the shed and decided to act like nothing just happened. Zane opened a door and walked inside. Lloyd hesitantly followed. The room was dimly lit with a few chairs set around. Some students were there, their faces turned to the two of them. Lloyd moved back when he saw the students and pulled his hood even lower.

"Guys I got him."

-----

A/N: Hey people who read this book, hope you're liking it. Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes I may have made. If you have any thoughts feel free to say them in the comments.
Tnx for reading.
~SynchroWriter