S:2; Ch:18

"You're forgetting someone," Wind said. "If you look carefully, I'm already with White, and my jet is parked."

Five minutes later, the seven entered the Port into the first room. It was tidier than before.

It was tidier than the last time they saw it. Water gave the signal to split up and search.

"If you find out where they're keeping him, alert the others," She added before leaving in the same direction as Blue and Black.

There weren't many rooms, much to everyone's confusion. After minutes of searching, they circled back at the first room.

White noticed they had a few missing from their party. He looked around the room but couldn't find any of them.

"Where are Wind and Red?" Blue beat him to the question.

"Didn't they say they were looking for a bathroom?" Orange answered as if it were obvious.

"I know. I have a comm-link." Blue said, irritated. "I was referring to why they weren't back yet."

"Maybe they're using the bathroom," Orange said, again implying it was apparent.

"No one spends fifteen minutes using the bathroom even if they took their time finding it."

"Maybe they had to go."

"Instead of arguing," Water said, interrupting the two, "Why don't we try to reach them on the comms?"

"Already tried," Blue said. "I think they forgot to turn them on- "

"We've found it!" Red's voice was heard loudly over the comm link, forcing everyone to take out their comms.

"My ears..." Black said with a finger in his ear.

"Sorry, my comm is acting up again," Red sighed, his voice still as loud and ear-piercing as before.

"I'll take things from here," Wind said, his voice quieter than Red's. " Behind the bookshelf on the second floor, there's an elevator. There's only one button leading down, so hurry over here. Red and I will go ahead."

"No," Water said almost immediately. "Wait for us where you are. We can't be sure what's down there."

"I'm sure it's the boy we were supposed to investigate. We'll be fine."

"Red. Wait for us."

Water signaled to the rest to follow her to the second floor. It was as Wind said. A bookshelf that looked to have been moved away from the front of an elevator door.

~Elevator: Doors Opening~

"This feels creepy..." Blue said.

"I don't detect anything off," White told him.

"If you're not up for it, we can stay back and wait for Sensei," Black said, placing an arm on Blue's shoulder.

"Why wouldn't I be up for it?"

"Right..."

White nudged Black's elbow slightly and gave him a strange look. Black noticed these and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

~Elevator: Doors Closing~

"White, Black," Blue called out from inside the elevator, "We're waiting."

The two ninjas quickly hurried in. The elevator doors closed behind them, and immediately it began to move.

~Elevator music~

"Everyone, be alert," Water said.

"Does anyone have any reserve snacks?" Orange asked. "I've run out."

"Why are you always looking for something to eat?" Blue asked.

"There's nothing wrong with a little snack on a mission."

"Little? Isn't the bag you carry filled to the brim with snacks? That's not little." Black joined.

"You're not one to talk," Orange said. "You eat two whole cakes at the start of each training and mission. This mission included."

"That's because I need them to keep my body energized."

"You could get fat. Don't you worry about that?"

~Elevator music stops~

~Elevator: Doors Opening~

"He burns everything during the training or mission," White answered as he stepped out of the elevator. "The real mystery is how your snack consumption doesn't affect you. The number of snacks you take can be compared to two times Black's cake addiction."

"It's not that bad."

"During one of our training sessions, you were eating ramen," Blue said, deadpanning. "I remember Sensei Wu had to seize the whole carton."

"Well..."

"What's all this about ramen?" It was Red's voice echoing from a distance. He was further down the hall from where the elevator was.

"We were comparing Black and Orange's overeating habits," White answered honestly. He stepped out of the elevator, the rest of the ninjas following behind.

"Isn't Black's the real issue?" Wind and Red said in unison. They stared at each other for a moment, probably wondering if they had read each other's minds.

"See?" Orange said with a smirk. "I don't overeat. I only carry around a few snacks."

"Well, you still eat much more than the average individual," Wind said. "I just meant Black's was the bigger problem."

"Ha!" Blue said triumphantly.

~Elevator: Doors Closing~

"Can we focus?!" Water said, interrupting their conversation. "Sensei Wu could be here any minute now!"

"Right..." It got awkwardly quiet among the seven of them.

"Which way?" Water asked calmly as she stared at Red and Wind.

"This way," Wind waved them to follow after him. With only the light from their comms to guide them, he led them down an empty dark hallway until they reached a dead end.

"You know, I just realized how dark this place is. I'm guessing that that's why you led us to a dead end?!" Blue said, his arms folded across his chest.

Water moved closer to the wall and touched it. "Seems like a dead end to me."

Wind placed his hand on the wall and concentrated. "I felt something hollow inside. It was like there was a room behind the wall."

"He could be right," Red said, "He said the same thing when he found the elevator behind the bookshelf."

"Have you been feeling the walls all this while?" Black asked.

"It's not as weird as it sounds," Wind assured.

"Must be cool to use your element," Red sighed. "Mine doesn't even want to listen to me."

"At least you have an element," Black said, "I'm supposed to be the master of earth but I can't even move a pebble."

"I'm sure you'll all find your element soon," White said. "For now, let's worry about the room that might be on the other side."

"Right. I don't think there's a door anywhere in this hallway though." Blue said. "This could really be a dead end."

Clang! Crash!