S:2; Ch:22

"Don't step an inch closer," Lloyd said, his voice sounding normal. He raised his head. Red thought he seemed exhausted, though it wasn't obvious. "Unless you want to be catapulted across the room."

"You catapult me? As if." Red said.

"Is that so?"

"Yes," Red answered, "I'm the Elemental Master of Fire. I'm trained in more Spinjitzu arts than you. Before you could touch me, I would've moved away and kicked you in the head."

"Sure..." Lloyd answered dryly, "Now, return to what you were doing. Pretend I'm not here."

"You're literally the whole point of us being here," Black said.

"No, I'm not. I'm just the object of your discussion. You didn't have to be here."

"How were supposed to know who we're talking about if we've never met them?"

"And if the person doesn't want to be met? Will you barge your way in all so you know them?" Lloyd rolled his eyes (though no one saw that), put his head down, and turned to face the corner.

"He makes a good point," White whispered. "We didn't have to be here to talk about him."

"Who's side are you on?" Orange asked, whispering back.

"He's not wrong, Orange," Wind said. "Although... maybe there's something Sensei wanted us to know about this place."

"Like what? How much it resembles an abandoned renovation?" Water asked.

"Maybe he wanted us to see the Overlord with our own eyes," White suggested, "Simply saying the Overlord was a powerful evil being wouldn't have told us to what extent. He possibly wanted us to see things firsthand."

"But the Overlord wasn't all that," Red said.

"Dude, what are you saying?!" Blue asked, surprised at Red's statement, "Did you see how quick his moves were? And the impact when that dark matter hit Sensei Wu's staff? I can't believe the bamboo didn't snap."

"I still wish I had one like it," Wind mumbled.

"Maybe the Overlord was quicker than we're used to, but we can train harder to match his skill level," Red said confidently.

"Bro, this isn't a videogame," Black said. "We're not even sure how strong he is. He could've been toying with us today."

"I just thought of something," Blue said, his hand rubbing his chin, "What if Sensei wants us to make friends with his nephew?"

"That's random," Water stated, "And why would he want us to do something like that?"

"Well, the Overlord has possessed him. If we can make him good, everything is solved."

"Not solved," White corrected, "The Overlord will still control his actions."

"Ugh, then what can we do?" Blue groaned.

"Let's just ask Sensei. He always knows what to do." Black said.

"No, Sensei can't solve all our problems," Red argued, "We're ninjas. We should be able to think for ourselves too."

It was quiet for a bit, with the ninjas stuck in thought. Misako, who was watching the whole situation, decided to turn to the boy she had just found out was her son. Not knowing how to feel about the ordeal, she decided to talk to him. She had tried asking Garmadon, but he hadn't been much help, and she wanted answers.

"Hey," Misako said gently as she walked over to Lloyd. The ninjas were in their own world and hadn't noticed anything. Lloyd was also in his own little world, so he hadn't heard Misako approach him.